Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
What happened to the vin code chart , I can't get it to load up --------had a copy and can't find it , 10th digit is the letter "S" , I seem to remember they don't use 'O" , "Q" or " I " , I would think it is a 94 or 95 , TRX300FWS , I don't remember the FWS and it doesn't show up in the parts breakdowns , they show FWA or FWAN but no FWS
1995 trx300. as far as a know ?..Honda never put a '' s '' on the end of their tr300's. they were either trx300 or trx300fw.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Vin Chart

The first letter (J), means it was manufactured in Japan.
The second letter (H), represents the manufacturer, which is Honda.
The third number (3), represents the type, which is an ATV.
The 4th-8th digits (TEO72), represents the body type and engine code.
The 9th letter (I) is a security code to prevent counterfeiting of VIN.
The 10th letter (N), represents the year, which is 1992.
The 11th letter (M), is the assembly plant, which is Hamamatsu of Japan.
The 12th-17th numbers (501259), are the production numbers, which increase for each ATV manufactured

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
First letter on my VIN starts with a (1)
and my 9th letter is a (9).
10th is (D) which is 2013
11th is 4 ? .....
Any updates..the 2 top links are broken or doesn't exist.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
First letter on my VIN starts with a (1)
and my 9th letter is a (9).
10th is (D) which is 2013
11th is 4 ? .....
Any updates..the 2 top links are broken or doesn't exist.
all your looking for is the 10th digit, read from left to right.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well Damn
Now I gotta go check the vin on my 2wd 300
Turns out the red 4wd is the 88 (J vin code) so either I have 2 88's a 2&4wd model or I really got the years mixed up on em (which would be no big surprise)
I know the blue 300's a 90, the 350's a 86, just gotta add the 2wd & red 4wd to the front of my repair manual so I'll have it on hand now that I'm working on em and riding them again 😸
This gettin old crap really Sux!!! 👾
RemMax

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't open the chart here... not sure why. Just a box with an X in it. Won't open. So if the 10 digit is a "1" does that mean 2001? Since I can't access the chart I am asking if I have it right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can't open the chart here... not sure why. Just a box with an X in it. Won't open. So if the 10 digit is a "1" does that mean 2001? Since I can't access the chart I am asking if I have it right.
I think it is an old link that has dried up , try this one

ATV Vin Number : Check and Decode Your VIN

That looks like a good de coder etc but I have a 2019 which is a K, and they show K as 2020. And J as 2019. Furthermore, I believe my 2019 was manufactured in about August of 2018. That's usual, as the 2019s of any vehicle would be manufactured from about August or September of 2018 to about June or July of 2019, unless they do a very short run of ATVs. Maybe only run 3 months of the year. Most other vehicles they run about 11 months of the year.
dc

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
23 Participants
[email protected]
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing