Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a chart that I made that will help you identify what year your ATV is, by using the VIN. To use the chart, just find the 10th digit of your VIN, whether it be a number or letter, and match it up with the chart to find the year of your quad.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know we had a chart similar to this before, but it got deleted, probably because it came from another site and I guess they didn't want us using it. LOL. This time, I made my own, so we wouldn't have that problem. This one's better because I extended it for another 10 years. The other one only went up to 2010.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, this same chart will work for automobiles, too.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice job on the chart, never knew it would work on cars too, good to know thanks
Thanks. Yeah, it will work on any motor vehicle with a 17 digit VIN.

·
Super Moderator
36,450 Posts
nice work helmut !..would like to add..honda never used the letter or number O....this is so the thieves could not change it .

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice work helmut !..would like to add..honda never used the letter or number O....this is so the thieves could not change it .
Thanks. They didn't use the letters "I" or "Q", either. Another reason that they don't use the number zero, the letter O, and the letter Q, is that it's too easy to mistake one for the other when dealing with the VIN. Same thing with the letter "I", it's too easy to mistake it for a "1" or an "L". It would be easy to mistake one for the other, since it's hard to see the engraved/stamped numbers and letters on the frame, especially a dirty or rusted frame.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I know these by memory. I worked for a car dealer for 3 yrs and would have to find vehicles all day using the year. My votech teacher once argued with me about what yr our cabover truck was, it was built in 1991, but the vin was------N-----. I said n is 1992, so I put 92 on my paper work when doing stuff on this truck, he didnt like it but I still got credit lol.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where do you find the vin # on at'vs?
Which ATV do you have? On most Honda quads, it's on a horizontal crosspiece between the two vertical frame rails on the front of the frame, behind the front bumper. It will be stamped into the frame, so clean any mud or dirt off so you can see it better.

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
what year is an S

What happened to the vin code chart , I can't get it to load up --------had a copy and can't find it , 10th digit is the letter "S" , I seem to remember they don't use 'O" , "Q" or " I " , I would think it is a 94 or 95 , TRX300FWS , I don't remember the FWS and it doesn't show up in the parts breakdowns , they show FWA or FWAN but no FWS

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know we had a chart similar to this before, but it got deleted, probably because it came from another site and I guess they didn't want us using it. LOL. This time, I made my own, so we wouldn't have that problem. This one's better because I extended it for another 10 years. The other one only went up to 2010.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts