Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took this thing apart feb 7th 2020. And it sat. lol. at some point i got a gasket and was gonna put it back together. Holes didn't line up for shit, and it ripped on dowel pin when installing it. Longer it sat. I got two more gaskets, from another supplier a few months ago.. fast forward to feb 10th 2021 i decided to put it back together.

Well don't ya know that gasket didn't line up to the holes worth a shit either.. So hey, I'm just gonna use some black RTV. Well I did that, got it all back together and the kick start seems to be a little stiff. It moves freely, but doesn't want to return to its position on it its own.

I heard once from a little birdy, that clearances need to be kept with the gasket. However, what is the paper, like "0.008? maybe 10. The engine still spins freely in its bearing on that case side..

I even threw the carb back together quick times, and ran it off a funnel in a piece of fuel line. Fired off immediately and idled like it was just running earlier today.. these Honda's are wild lol.

Anyway, do we think my tightness is from the lack of a paper gasket? Has anyone tried a reassembly with RTV with success?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts