Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new tires and found some some yamaha viking wheel/tire take-offs for sale. My question is will they bolt right on and run ok?

I have a 2000 rancher completely stock with tires 24x8-12 and 24x9-11. The yamaha tires are 25x10-12 and 25x8-12. Both wheels use the 4x110 bolt pattern.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Yes the bolt pattern is the same, but yamaha viking s have IRS and you have SRA, so the offset in the rear will be off. You'd either need to flip the rears around and run the valve stem in, or buy wheel spacers.

How much are they asking for them? Cause you'd want to figure in the cost of the spacers, and I'm also not confident having the valve stem to the inside. Some times it interferes with the drum brake.

Reactions: alloutdoors

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Buy them, tires are worth 200 easy buy new rims if you have to.
Agreed. Look like Bighorn 2.0's, nice tires! Could just get new rears in itp delta steel black , would look nice with the front as-is.

· Registered
28 Posts
Heads up, stock Viking tires were bighorn 2's that were made specifically for the Viking. I believe they are 4 ply. They are not the same as the bighorn 2's you buy as aftermarket tires. I had a Viking and I got rid of them pretty quick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

· Registered
28 Posts
Just went back to the Viking forum where I was a member and what I mentioned above is confirmed. With that said, they are not a bad tire but ask how many miles are on them etc. Brand new takeoffs went for between $200 and $250. If they are relatively new, it's probably not a bad price.

· Registered
7 Posts
Heads up, stock Viking tires were bighorn 2's that were made specifically for the Viking. I believe they are 4 ply. They are not the same as the bighorn 2's you buy as aftermarket tires. I had a Viking and I got rid of them pretty quick.

Actually I believe the Viking fronts are 2 ply and the rears are 4 ply. I will also add to this that they are NOT radials either :shocked:. I found this out after buying a new set of take-offs.

· Registered
7,334 Posts
it looks like the right rim has a slight offset then the front so you may be fine without spacers, they might stick a little further in then stock.

even if they are 2 or 4 ply that is a GREAT price. You cant even buy new OEM tires for that.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the wheels/tires. The front ones seem to line up fine. The back wheels are too deep to run as is, but I flipped one around and they seem to be fine and plenty of clearance for the valve stem. Any issue running the rear wheels flipped around?

Stock wheel/tire

Bighorn normal install

Flipped

Valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.