Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today me and a buddy went trail riding. Before leaving we saw a tow hitch in his garage and we were thinking, should we take it? We decided not to take it since we didn't think we would need it. 2 hours of riding and 7 miles later, we decide to rest for a bit. Once we decide to go, my buddy's Polaris didn't want to start (what a surprise!). Now keep in mind that we are 7 miles away from civilization and no tow hitch to haul or push start the quad. So we decided that I am going to have to be the big man and travel back through 7 miles of trails at full speed, pick up the tow hitch, drive back fast through 7 miles of trails, and then finally get there. So I do it and I arrive. So now I'm getting ready to start hauling his quad when mine turns off. I instantly freaked out and had no idea what to do out in the middle of nowhere with 2 broken quads. Then, silly me realizes I just stalled my quad in first gear, so there was no need to panic. So now me feeling stupid, I shift back into neutral, go into first and by shear lucky, get my buddy's quad started. So now we have to ride back another 7 miles of trails. In total, I did 28 miles of trail riding in under 3.5 hours. Well, that is basically my day.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Glad you got them started and got back home. Yeah, it's always a good ideal to take a tow strap with you.

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
that's what goes in the empty spot under the seat of the one my son rides. trail riding is tough on sport quads especially if you have to putt around alot they tend to get real hot .

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Agree^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Sounds like something that would happen to me. LOL Although I do keep a small tow strap "in the trunk" of mine.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I also keep a 30ft. strap with me, it's a ratchet strap just in case.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I also keep a 30ft. strap with me, it's a ratchet strap just in case.
Yeah, a ratchet strap can be used to pull your ATV out, sometimes, if it isn't stuck too bad and if your ATV isn't too heavy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to invest in a nice tow strap. Hahaha:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts