Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across a quad 2004 400 Fourtrax . It has 8000. Km on it .
Is that a lot of km . he is asking $3200.
What is it worth ?

What normally go on them besides the muffler ?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
More specific details would help. Is this the TRX400FA, also known as the Rancher 400AT? And not the 400EX sport. I'm assuming it's the Rancher AT because it has an odometer.

If so, I wouldn't pay nearly that for it. I've had mine since they first came out in July of 2003. Just about any other used Honda utility would be much more worth your hard earned cash. And if you want to run big tires, definitely run away. Many here could go on and on about why to avoid spending that much on this model. I'd buy one if it were half the price, but that's cause I understand the workarounds for its quirks and for my uses I don't need to push its limits.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I've been watching 400's and 450's lately on eBay, there fetching good money here, I was quite surprised. One sold for just under £3000, and another for £2100. Neither of them were anything special, bog standard ATV with half worn stock tyres.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Good to know. I will just hang on to my 86 Honda 350 fourtrax that is almost like brand new then .
Yep your 86 350 since it's like brand new is a far more reliable atv than the 400 Rancher. Only thing the Rancher has on it is smoother suspension (but nothing to write home about) and shifting.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I've been watching 400's and 450's lately on eBay, there fetching good money here, I was quite surprised. One sold for just under £3000, and another for £2100. Neither of them were anything special, bog standard ATV with half worn stock tyres.
Foreman 400's and 450's probably deservedly. Rancher 400's only sell for that much to the naive buyer. Then they come to us for questions about how to make them work, or sell them to the next naive buyer in line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts