Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning the yard this evening after work, i decided to move an old snowmachine that's been darkening the third stall of the garage. '77 Yamaha Enticer 250 if you're wondering, but she's got a burnt piston...

Anyhoo, i man-handled the sled onto my 4'x8' utility trailer and hooked it up to the 450. Flipped it into 4 wheel drive and pulled the whole shebang thru one hundred yards of mud and horse shit with hardly a slip. Very impressive, though i think the 400 would've done it too if she had more aggressive tread...

Here's the question: what do you put your wheeler through on a daily basis outside of muddin and playing? i seriously couldn't live out in the wilds where i do without it... especially in winter. The 400 keeps the driveway clean no matter how much snow hits the ground!

So... you?

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Pretty much trails. I have a 450r so.....lol. No work can be done with it.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
mostly garage sitting. I love the trails and I usually ride on the MX track my buddies have private tracks on thier property and sometimes i even ride on the big tracks like Ballance in BowlingGreen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
in all honesty i put my bike thru hell...this 91 300 fourtrax is one tough machine...i have pulled logs out...and pushed jeeps with it and yet shes smiles and goes goes goes...O did i mention its 2x

·
Registered
46 Posts
My brothers been very tough on his 350....mud, clay, water, snow, sand, everything. Still goes with 10 000kms of that and only issue is brakes. But i gotta say, that thing is a beast! It goes anywhere!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've wanted one for years growing up with Honda dirt bikes etc. When the 3 and 4 wheelers hit the market I wanted one. Many years have gone by since and guys at camp started getting them for hunting and property maintenance etc. At that point I really wanted one but didn't have a use other than a few times a year for hunting and camp work no real place to ride. About 6 years ago though I we bought 3 acres and I built us the dream house and since then I wanted one for doing work around the castle. Happy to say that 09 was the year of the wheeler and I now have my 06 rancher at and have been using it for all sorts of property maintenance. Can’t wait to get a mower and a plow and sell my aging jd tractor. There are some many things you can do with one of these units and so many add-ons now that really make these things a must have for land owners. Not to mention I was able to have fun at camp and do some property mapping with my gps that would have taken weeks on foot which I was able to do in a day of hard riding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
trail riding , woods racing n drag racing . drag brush n small trees i cut down to expand the track out back......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts