Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I recently saw Wranglerstar's YouTube video "A better way to cut firewood". See 2nd post on this thread.

At the moment, I'm trimming through our hardwood trees and a lot of it is smaller sized trees. I'm pondering the idea to build something like Wranglerstar but that can mount itself on the rear rack of my '95 TRX300FW.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have seen a sort of system like that?

I'm not quite sure where or how to mount the rack yet... I'll be posting updates shortly once I get the steel.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Interesting little machine, I may just have to have one of those....

I don't think mounting it on the bike would be the best for it, there would be to much cantilevered weight hanging off the side of the bike, its a lot of wear and tear it doesn't need.. saw dust all down in the crevasses..lol

What about a trailer? not very cost effective, but more stable and rigid if you make it that way.....

I'm thinking of rigging up one of these suckers too... I get so sick of listening to the gas splitter... And its slow..

·
Registered
599 Posts
I saw Wranglestar's video a while back, and my impression, from someone who cuts a fair amount of firewood is that it seems like unnecessary work to pick the limb up and put it into the device for cutting only to have the pieces fall down after cutting so you can pick them up again for loading in your trailer. You're better off just cutting the limbs on the ground where they are.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Neat idea and may design one at the front of my open 6x12?trailer so I can transport whole limbs on to the trailer and while cutting them allow them to fall into the trailer. Thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to mount it on a trailer. We have an old John Deere AMT600 that we use to haul the wood out.

I usually cut the logs on the ground, I'm still young and in shape so my back and take it. That's not really the issue, my problem is the longevity of the chain if I go passed the log and into the dirt. Since I work during the day I can't really cut much during the winter (when it's the easiest to cut small logs). Since I'm doing trimming and its pretty young trees, I have about 70-80 trees that are from 2" to 9" in diameter.

Announcing for some cold weather this weekend so I'll be tinkering on that.

@Mac
I am subscribed to your channel, love the vids. I love the chop saw of death too!! Haha.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neat idea and may design one at the front of my open 6x12?trailer so I can transport whole limbs on to the trailer and while cutting them allow them to fall into the trailer. Thanks for sharing
Yep exactly, that's what I wanted to do. Mount the rack on the rear of the TRX and let the limbs fall in the trailer.

Although, I didn't think about all the saw dust going into the nooks and crannies of my bike ... Don't really like that aspect... Hmm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts