Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i been on here already and was told that its the carb my 200es wont start i broke the skid plate so till i got a new one i parked it that was 2/3 weeks ago i havent once started it since i went out last week to give it a start to make sure nothing wrong with it but it wouldnt start so i thought well its to cold it was 10pm so it was kinda cold out and it would flood it self fast but i went out yesterday and it fired right up and idle and it worked amazing but i went. Out tonight to see if it start and it wont start it almost started but nothing it flooded it self again so idk what to check i was to clean the carb my eye site isnt very good and i cant sell those small bolts and i was told it wouldnt be the carb the carb is new i got it a year ago and put a new carb rebuild in it and a new fuel tube but ya help me plz thank you

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
don't matter if that new carb was put on there this morning , it could have gotten dirty in it again ----- you need 3 things for it to run , spark , compression and fuel ---- for the minimum quick check with no tools but a spark plug wrench , I would suggest take out the plug and check the condition of it , if badly fouled out , clean or perferablly replace it , put the plug back in the spark plug cap and ground the tip to the metal head of the engine and spin it over , see if it sparks , if it does then put your finger over the spark plug hole and spin it over for a quick check of compression , if you think it has compression on your finger , then pour a little gas down the cylinder hole , put the plug back in and try to start it ---- you can also put some gas in a spray bottle and remove the air filter and mist the inlet hose with fuel

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
don't matter if that new carb was put on there this morning , it could have gotten dirty in it again ----- you need 3 things for it to run , spark , compression and fuel ---- for the minimum quick check with no tools but a spark plug wrench , I would suggest take out the plug and check the condition of it , if badly fouled out , clean or perferablly replace it , put the plug back in the spark plug cap and ground the tip to the metal head of the engine and spin it over , see if it sparks , if it does then put your finger over the spark plug hole and spin it over for a quick check of compression , if you think it has compression on your finger , then pour a little gas down the cylinder hole , put the plug back in and try to start it ---- you can also put some gas in a spray bottle and remove the air filter and mist the inlet hose with fuel
I agree with Fish... the carb is very picky.... the smallest dirt clump can clog and a jet... I would have someone else look at your carb to make sure that it is clean... Also and easier way then spraying gas into the carb is use carb clean... Don't use starter fluid though, that stuff is bad for a motor.... best of luck

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
You may need to take your fuel tank off and flush particles of rust or other trash out of it. Then clean your carb again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts