Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Honda rancher 350 ES with electronic shifter, it will shift one through five but will not go into reverse. My son was going through a lot of water and when he came home that’s when the problem became. I am looking for some soda reverse sensor and can’t seem to find it.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
you wont find the reverse sensor switch, why : its inside, behind the rear cover, its called a gear position switch, its bolted to the inside of the rear cover, and turns from the shift drum.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
So what do you recommend?
start by checking the reverse cable, see if its lifting the reverse lever at the back of the lower engine when you press the red button, and pull the left brake lever ?.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
It’s a 2006 electric shift, I don’t believe the cable lifts anything. It’s a sensor somewhere?
pretty sure you still have to press the red button on the left brake lever, pull brake lever, then push the down button before you can shift it to reverse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was able to locate the problem it was the reverse wire going to the reverse sensor was not making a connection. Was able to make the connection and is working fine, thank you to everyone who had input on this. Happy Easter!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts