Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
most seem to like KFI brand mounts
it really comes down IMO to getting the 100 % correct mounting plate PER THAT atv
other wise there might be fitment issue's and some un needed stress at install time

also might depend on HOW large a winch you plan to TRY to squeeze in there too
3,000-3500 are about as big as you fit before maybe having issue's

·
Premium Member
12,683 Posts
I went to a couple of Honda dealerships yesterday with my neighbor , one thing he asked about was a winch plate for his 2015 500 , they showed him a Warn which is the only brand they stocked , it was expensive at $90 , the salesman warned him that several people had brought the Warn plate back , as with some cheaper winches it didn't line up right for them , and he is sitting on a brand new Harbor Freight BadLands special for 6 months now , so he didn't get it

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
I buy and use KFI mounting plates. I will be adding a warn pro vantage 2500s to my '05 trx500fm, and the KFI mounting plate to it in the future. I looked the mounting plate up on KFI's web site, and at first on the page, it did not list the plate for my year ?, but when I clicked on the nearest year/make ?, it showed it on the list, sooo. do your homework !. I guess the reason they show every year but mine at first is because the front bumper changed from I-beam to tube bumpers on my model/year ?. but I did see they make a plate for it. KFI winch plates are a solid buy, I've bought them for every warn winch I have installed on every atv i've owned and sold, not one problem. although !!!, I will say, they should have studied the mounting bolts ( u-bolts ) as to where they bolt to the frame/bumpers ?, because I've ran into some tricky spots to get them to bolt up..lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.