Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace existing stock tires for my 2007 Honda Rancher 4x4 420 ES. It has front 24x8x12 and rear 24x10x11. Have a buddy who upgraded his stock Yamaha grizzly tires the moment he got it so they are brand new. His tire sizes are front 25x8x12 and 25x10x12. Will the 25x10x12 fit on my stock wheel that currently has 24x10x11? Also, Will the extra inch of height matter and size give my quad any undue stress or change drive train? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx! Realized that after I gave it a little thought. If I got new wheels to fit will that throw the canter off or cause any problems to quad long term? Assume they have those specific sizes other than for money reasons.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I've never really figured out why they used the 11" rear rim. I've ran 12" rims and 26" tires on my Rancher for 10 years with no problems. As long as you run the correct offset there will not be any ill effects from it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never really figured out why they used the 11" rear rim. I've ran 12" rims and 26" tires on my Rancher for 10 years with no problems. As long as you run the correct offset there will not be any ill effects from it

An 'offset' is new to me. How do I do that ?

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Offset is the distance from the centre of the wheel (where the wheel bolts onto the ATV) to the outside edge of the rim/wheel.

Edit: If you use Foreman or Rubicon rear rims you won't have to worry about offset, just bolt them on.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You have to run the rear Yamaha rims backwards to run them on a strait axle hondas... And yes they are the same bolt pattern. But your stock rear Honda tires will not fit on a 12 inch rim!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts