Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 450 ES with 2003 miles on it that has been in some water and mud when my brother had it. But as far as we know there wasn't any water in the engine or diffs. It had brake problems then especially the front one tire would lock up and the other one wouldn't but was still much drivable. Now it sat for about a year I bought it from my brother and I had to clean the carb to get it running. It didn't want to move easy just trying to push it to work on it like the brakes where partially froze on it (Still is hard to push after it sits a while). I got it running good now in 2wd but once you put in 4x4 it steers hard anywhere and crazy feeling on pavement nothing near like my 2004 450ES steers in 4x4 and doesn't shift good at all in 4x4. Could the brakes being all corroded up cause this in 4x4 and if so what am I looking at to have to replace? I changed all the oils with and replaced with honda oils back about 3 months ago. The bike drove fine in 4x4 before it was parked. THANKS!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I don't think corroded breakes would make it steer hard might make it pull on way or another, i would look at front allinment and steering shaft bearings.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I agree with 69. It might even be a front diff problem since it only does it in 4wd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts