Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bf and my father are using me in a game of tug of war over their mixed feelings regarding a replacement battery for my sons 350 Honda Rancher 2004. My bf says any 12 v will work, especially the 12 volt high performance jump starting battery that cost over 200.00. My father says that using that battery in my sons four wheeler willand has caused the four wheeler to stop shifting and therefore not start either. My father states that the bf probably screwed up the electrical system by doing this and the four wheeler must have the correct battery.

Can you please settle this disagreement for me and the fam...once and for all[SPOILER="Can an oversized battery(still 12v)cause a 350 honda rancher atv to have shifting/electrical problem; the atv calls for a 12v. 250 battery.
HELP PLEASE!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
no, a 12 volt battery, NO MATTER THE COST !, WILL HAVE ANY EFFECT ON IT NOT SHIFTING !. 12 volts is 12 volts, period !!!.

·
Registered
6 Posts
no, a 12 volt battery, NO MATTER THE COST !, WILL HAVE ANY EFFECT ON IT NOT SHIFTING !. 12 volts is 12 volts, period !!!.
My bf and my father are using me in a game of tug of war over their mixed feelings regarding a replacement battery for my sons 350 Honda Rancher 2004. My bf says any 12 v will work, especially the 12 volt high performance jump starting battery that cost over 200.00. My father says that using that battery in my sons four wheeler willand has caused the four wheeler to stop shifting and therefore not start either. My father states that the bf probably screwed up the electrical system by doing this and the four wheeler must have the correct battery.

Can you please settle this disagreement for me and the fam...once and for all[SPOILER="Can an oversized battery(still 12v)cause a 350 honda rancher atv to have shifting/electrical problem; the atv calls for a 12v. 250 battery.
HELP PLEASE!
A 12 volt batt is all you need . Most use a deep cycle batt. A jumper box usally puts out more than 12 its made to start a car or truck that has a dead batt in it. So it has to cover the batt draining it and the act of starting said vehicle. Now it shouldnt effect shifting unless it was all electrical. The cluch adjustment is whats effecting shifting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts