Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m new to this forum and I just purchased a foreman 520 but am torn between a 27” and 28” mayhem. My buddy runs 28’s and says he turns them but I’d like some other opinions. Wanting to run all skinny’s and I have a sra by the way. I ride a lot of mud and want to be able to turn them well

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
211 Posts
I have skinny 27's on my 520 rubicon, it spins them in second in most holes, I only use first in sticky mud. It also still hits the rev limiter in high gear, they didnt slow it down at all.
They will spin 28's no problem but I like 27's better as you have a bit more snap and power with smaller tires.
PS 9 out of 10 guys like zillas more than mayhems, zillas are lighter, cheaper, ride better, dont chunk in rocky terrain and are just as good in mud as mayhems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have skinny 27's on my 520 rubicon, it spins them in second in most holes, I only use first in sticky mud. It also still hits the rev limiter in high gear, they didnt slow it down at all.
They will spin 28's no problem but I like 27's better as you have a bit more snap and power with smaller tires.
PS 9 out of 10 guys like zillas more than mayhems, zillas are lighter, cheaper, ride better, dont chunk in rocky terrain and are just as good in mud as mayhems.
Okay man I appreciate the reply I’m really going to have to consider zillas. I just always thought the softer material on them wore down fast. And I guess the lug being smaller made me think they aren’t good in the mud

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think it would turn 28 zillas with some authority?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts