Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ske
Hi guys,
I have a 2013 420 with detroit gearless locker in front and zillas all the way around. The front's are 26x9-12 and rear are 26x11-12. I am very happy with these tires, they are great all around, in the snow, mud, gravel, etc. However I do a lot of riding in Muskeg, or bottomless mud/terrain. The zillas dig right down to the bottom if they spin. Last fall i borrowed a set of old Carlisle Trail Wolfs that friend had laying around. These tires did not have 1/4 of the tread compared to the zillas, but they were all 12 width tires and I think they would have measured a bit wider. They also have a really square profile. They looked dumb, and would rub on full turn, but they were night and day in the muskeg. I literally drove right over my tracks where i was stuck with the zillas the day before.

My question for you guys, is whats the widest tire our there with some decent tread? I will space out if needed, i am not really hard on the machine so im not too worried about added stress. Anyone have experience running all wides on a rancher? I am really looking to get this girl to float and only dig when I have to. For instance, a lot of my riding is with waders, and i spend a lot of time jumping off the quad to nurse it through bottomless holes.

Any input would be helpful, Thanks!
Skeg riding is a different world. Love watching those crazy Canadian people with the can ams. I did the mud pit thing for a while, my bike was a highly modified foreman 450, bored and stroked to 550, dual 2 inch snorkel with a supertrapp exhaust, Detroit up front, 6 inch lift, stretched swingarm, and 27 by 12 vampires on all 4 corners. Power equals nothing on skeg! You Break through your done. Crawling was a different story, my vampires were good, guys with 28 by 12.5 outlaws all the way around did a little more. The new generation of mud tires are too aggressive for skeg in my opinion. The Canadian guys are spinning them so fast they float across. My buddy has a Rubicon with 27 inch bearclaws and does great. Is rancher does even better with those tires. Wider with a short lug is how I'd do it, bearclaws, original superswamper, itp black water, or mudlites.
Hi guys,
I have a 2013 420 with detroit gearless locker in front and zillas all the way around. The front's are 26x9-12 and rear are 26x11-12. I am very happy with these tires, they are great all around, in the snow, mud, gravel, etc. However I do a lot of riding in Muskeg, or bottomless mud/terrain. The zillas dig right down to the bottom if they spin. Last fall i borrowed a set of old Carlisle Trail Wolfs that friend had laying around. These tires did not have 1/4 of the tread compared to the zillas, but they were all 12 width tires and I think they would have measured a bit wider. They also have a really square profile. They looked dumb, and would rub on full turn, but they were night and day in the muskeg. I literally drove right over my tracks where i was stuck with the zillas the day before.

My question for you guys, is whats the widest tire our there with some decent tread? I will space out if needed, i am not really hard on the machine so im not too worried about added stress. Anyone have experience running all wides on a rancher? I am really looking to get this girl to float and only dig when I have to. For instance, a lot of my riding is with waders, and i spend a lot of time jumping off the quad to nurse it through bottomless holes.

Any input would be helpful, Thanks!
Dou
Thanks for the suggestion. I just ordered a set. Do you know where I could find some 8 or 9 inch wide rims?
Douglas aluminum for wheels

1 - 1 of 1 Posts