Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a 2013 420 with detroit gearless locker in front and zillas all the way around. The front's are 26x9-12 and rear are 26x11-12. I am very happy with these tires, they are great all around, in the snow, mud, gravel, etc. However I do a lot of riding in Muskeg, or bottomless mud/terrain. The zillas dig right down to the bottom if they spin. Last fall i borrowed a set of old Carlisle Trail Wolfs that friend had laying around. These tires did not have 1/4 of the tread compared to the zillas, but they were all 12 width tires and I think they would have measured a bit wider. They also have a really square profile. They looked dumb, and would rub on full turn, but they were night and day in the muskeg. I literally drove right over my tracks where i was stuck with the zillas the day before.

My question for you guys, is whats the widest tire our there with some decent tread? I will space out if needed, i am not really hard on the machine so im not too worried about added stress. Anyone have experience running all wides on a rancher? I am really looking to get this girl to float and only dig when I have to. For instance, a lot of my riding is with waders, and i spend a lot of time jumping off the quad to nurse it through bottomless holes.

Any input would be helpful, Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I just ordered a set. Do you know where I could find some 8 or 9 inch wide rims?

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
238 Posts
IDK where to get wide wheels, most guys just run 7 inch wide wheels with 10-12 inch wide tires.
For off roading skinny wheels are better IMO, its harder to bend them or jam stuff in the bead when the tire is a bunch wider than the rim.
I've had 12 wide tires on stock 7.5 wide rims a few times and my buds have them on aftermarket 7 inch wide rims without issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts