Honda ATV Forum banner

Who prefers the new forum layout?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not overly excited about it myself. I knew the old layout like the back of my hand, this thread is intended to be a 'poll', not sure if it will work or not, fingers crossed!!

If it does work, I look forward to memy replies and hope Admin listen to your replies :)

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I’m not crazy about it right now.
It’s a lot easier to navigate this new layout than another site i use. Go to Steel Soldiers and try navigating that one.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not crazy about it right now.
It’s a lot easier to navigate this new layout than another site i use. Go to Steel Soldiers and try navigating that one.
It's just a mess IMO, what happened to simplicity?

There's a saying here in the UK...

K.I.S.S.
Meaning, Keep, It, Simple, Stupid.

Complicating things makes life hard, for everyone. Totally unnecessary.
Simplicity is key in life, simplicity is happiness, happiness is life at its best.

A Good maneuver from a business point of view though!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm having zero issues with it whatsoever. It's just different, not worse. Like all new things. I actually find the mobile view to be much more useful than the old mobile view. Can actually see signatures in it now.

And if I ever want full mode all I do is go to my Chrome app menu button and select "desktop view". Easy peasy.

I just joined crossbownation recently. This new hondaatvforums.net is so much better laid out its not even funny.

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
I am planning a permanent leave. I didn't see that option in the poll so I chose the last option. :)

This might help to clear some of the confusion concerning this new software for members, since the owners are so insideously dishonest.

FACT:
THIS IS NOT XENFORO! This is a custom software package. A bastard child, yes... but its not Xenforo.

This is a rerun of the old site and all of its problems. Run that tape...! :-(

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
We need to all go to another site !!!
I do not agree to the Terms of Use or the Privacy Policy posted here. My only option remaining here is to leave permanently. But I have several options reserved that I am willing to allow my wallet to explore, commencing immediately upon my exit. Sent ya a PM @fishfiles

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Bluntly I'm with fish, if it doesn't go back, look here (little MAN) .... Y'all have some of the BIG dogs speeking up now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i voted to put it back the way it was.Being a new member was so happy to find this forum.After 8 months of being on here almost daily I was shocked to see the way they trashed this site.Looks like it's all about money,just like everything is getting today in this crazy country it's becoming.
All this Hi Tech stuff is hard on some of us,I am not interested in learning all that stuff,all I want is simple forums to read and try and learn things.Now when I try and read a thread it's all piled up with ad after ad.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
i voted to put it back the way it was.Being a new member was so happy to find this forum.After 8 months of being on here almost daily I was shocked to see the way they trashed this site.Looks like it's all about money
Exactly what i don't want to see^^^^ a KIND of new good member left with a sour feeling!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Oh my what happened.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey bud! I hate you came back to see this mess, they have changed the forum format, and MANY here dont care for it just read up, and get back to US!!! Here.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hey bud! I hate you came back to see this mess, they have changed the forum format, and MANY here dont care for it just read up, and get back to US!!! Here.

Why are there so many ads!!!! They drive me nuts!!!!!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Why are there so many ads!!!! They drive me nuts!!!!!

I'm having issues posting because of this change ...... BUT, No one prefers it. Im getting those bothersome adds too.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'm having issues posting because of this change ...... BUT, No one prefers it. Im getting those bothersome adds too.
I tried too use it on my iPad and I’m too intoxicated too figure the new sight out. Trying too get my bike together for a race this weekend. Tapatalk seems the same I guess that doesn’t Chang anything

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I tried too use it on my iPad and I’m too intoxicated too figure the new sight out. Trying too get my bike together for a race this weekend. Tapatalk seems the same I guess that doesn’t Chang anything

just fix the racer up right, we don't wont anyone hurt, N Send me a PM , and I'll help as best i can, BUT don't vote just yet. I would however read those threads Just a note..... If the left side members personal >deformed < avatars are the problem, WELL i haven't figured that out JUST yet, but if you take yours down, it'll help some. i can't help ya on Taptalk.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Anyone here capable of setting up a forum? I honestly have no idea on cost or the amount of work that goes into setting one up, but perhaps one of our regulars can bring back what apparently EVERYONE wants, which is the forum we've all been using for years now.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
well I hate to see anyone leave(me included)
I won't say I HATE the new looks and site
but I do know I find many things highly annoying and some things I just cannot do period without me having to make a bunch of changes, that I have no plans to do so!

I doubt the site runners will adapt to US< they run many forums and they ALL went this way and those NOT< will soon it seems

there mroe about add's now than having loyal members and keeping the folks on the site that MADE the site what it is IMO

MAYBE if after a lot leave and the site looses a bunch of viewers due to less help here
MAYBE them they will, still doubt any time soon
as an example
a LONG time ago,site I joined and was active on, had some awesome members, and then things fell apart
the site has almost ZERO active members and about the ONLY posts on the whole site now are, one's the folks that run the site add, that are basically just commercials
there is literally NO one on the site any more(me included, and its been this way for about 10+ yrs now, and yet they stay a open and existing site> I think last member post was in about 2012 or so, and got NO replies!

SO I doubt a few members here leaving will alter there plans in the least bit
sad, but true!
just saying
I dis like the new ways here, and it will cause me to NOT be here much and I won't be posting any more pic's either!

if anyone does LEAVE for ever maybe PM some of the regulars a email and or where you can be found in PM
or should I say private conversation, I know its so much easier to type PRIVATE CONVERSATION< Than use the letters PM
also a good example of how this new site is not really an improvement in user friendly IMO

so, to anyone leaving, sorry to see you go
hope you find a better place and let the rest of us know so we too can come by!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts