Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 300 4 wheel drive that has no brakes at all and I'm planning on putting a disk conversion on the front but not sure which one to get.

Any help is appreciated.

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Pretty sure most guys use a rancher kit from superATV and modify it to fit.. That's what I plan on doing, remember you'll need 12" rims up front to clear the callipers.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I believe some 300's came with 12" wheels but I'm yet to see one with them fitted, standard fitment are 11". You could use 420 rancher fronts, they would fit.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I stand corrected lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the Highlifter on my 300. Works great no issues. Had it for almost 10 years. I believe the highlifter comes with Wilwood calipers, at least mine does. I did have to replace all the rubber hoses on mine when I first installed it because the popped. Mine stops as good as my new Rubicant.

Reactions: mac102004

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm happy with the SuperATV kit I recently put on mine, but I do like that the Highlifter kit uses pressed in studs, instead of just bolts. Knowing the difference now, if I would find the Highlifter kit for close to the same price, I'd go that route.

·
Registered
328 Posts
No matter which route you go- harvesting parts off of a 420, or buying one of the kits, you will have to go up to 12" rims.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
OK, what size tire do I need to go to then? Or does it matter?
Depends on the rear tire. The 300's have a 1" tire size offset from the factory, a lot of guys, myself included run the same size front and rear.

So if your running a rear 24x9x11 which I think is stock? then you could move up to a 24x8x12 front, I doubt you'll find a 23" tire for a 12" rim very easily.

Or what I would recommend is changing the front and rear wheels to 12" (ITP Delta's are like $40/rim) then doing 25's or 24/25" or 25'26" or whatever you want really. But the 12" rims open up a lot of better tire options, and IMO increase the resale value down the road.

One other option would be to find take off rims (and tires too if that's what you want) off any 350 Rancher, or 420 SRA, Foreman, SRA, as they will all fit your machine and use 12" front rims, the foreman has 12' rear rims as well.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
+1 ^^^^^^^ and sharp 300!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.