Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this one yesterday, sent a buddy to pick it up.

Got it for $100, and he wants the front and rear racks for his kids 125.

Top end is off, and head is missing valves, springs, and keepers.

Tell me about these bikes. Chain driven I believe?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Wow, I had two 125’s but they looked nothing like that, yours is more of a scaled down 250a. The 125’s I had were very rounded, no fender flares, no carriers and very small compared to that in your image.

I never knew what models I actually owned as they had no decals and no stickers anywhere in the frame. At the time I wasn’t actually that interested in ATV’s so didn’t dig any deeper.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was supposedly a 1984 model. I think my buddies is an 87, and has the more rounded fenders you're talking about, and no racks at all.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Dang thats a steal for 100 bucks!! There's probably that and more in just parts, hope you can get it running

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
yep... chain driven.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
They basically slapped a 4th wheel onto the 125M trike. Good little runners. Should have electric start and a sub-transmission lever on the left side that you can flip that gives it 8 forward gears. First gear, low range is good in the snow because you get the rpms up with slow wheel spin. No reverse.

85 was first year for the quad. 85-86 had horizontal motors and in 87-88 they went to the vertical cylinder

84-85 trikes are like 85-86 quads
86-87 trikes are like 87-88 quads

Rob

Reactions: UnkleRaRa

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Thai was similar to the two I owned, mine were all red though.
If I remember correctly they had no suspension at all and we’re both chain driven. 4 forward gears, no reverse.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Should have electric start and a sub-transmission lever on the left side that you can flip that gives it 8 forward gears. Rob
:O

Damn! seems like over-engineering on such a small bike, but that would be pretty sweet to have!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Should have electric start and a sub-transmission lever on the left side that you can flip that gives it 8 forward gears. Rob
:O

Damn! seems like over-engineering on such a small bike, but that would be pretty sweet to have!
the atc 200's had the sub-tranny on them, with reverse, you could use low and high gears.

Reactions: UnkleRaRa

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I told the guy to keep it at his house for now. Gonna be awhile before I get to it, but for $100 I told him to snag it and he could have the racks and I'll try to fix it at some point down the road.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
I'll check with one of my friends for motor parts or a motor for that 125 tomorrow afternoon when I go by there.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Retro. My kids are getting older now (12 and 14) so I'm putting together 300's for them, but wife and I are trying for more so hopefully will need the 125 in the future.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I’ve got one.. Me and one of the grandkids went riding Sunday.. fun day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice. That's what the one looks like that my buddy already had. He took the rear basket/rack off the new acquisition and put it on his kids. I'll get the rest and see if I can get it going.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a strong maybe on those 125 parts Jeep... Gotta talk to one other person (hes out of town) this weekend. I'll let ya know as soon as I can.

Edit:
Thats a nice looking little bike you got there cmanningjr!

Thank you!

Out of curiousity, I know these have no suspension and rely on the balloon tires to cushion the ride a bit.

My buddy said the tires are shot on this one. I have a ton of 300 wheels and tires around the house that have good tread left (I've been picking up 12" Foreman wheels and tires to put on them). Any problem running stock size 300 tires on this 125? I'm not even sure what size the 125 is supposed to run.

I guess this will be easier when I actually get the bike to my house......

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I got a strong maybe on those 125 parts Jeep... Gotta talk to one other person (hes out of town) this weekend. I'll let ya know as soon as I can.

Edit:

Thats a nice looking little bike you got there cmanningjr!

Thank you!

Out of curiousity, I know these have no suspension and rely on the balloon tires to cushion the ride a bit.

My buddy said the tires are shot on this one. I have a ton of 300 wheels and tires around the house that have good tread left (I've been picking up 12" Foreman wheels and tires to put on them). Any problem running stock size 300 tires on this 125? I'm not even sure what size the 125 is supposed to run.

I guess this will be easier when I actually get the bike to my house......

I’d have to look and see what’s on this one.. don’t think the bolt pattern is the same though..

Let me know if you need a service manual..

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

I’ve got one.. Me and one of the grandkids went riding Sunday.. fun day

Nice. That's what the one looks like that my buddy already had. He took the rear basket/rack off the new acquisition and put it on his kids. I'll get the rest and see if I can get it going.

Mine's an 86. it's a fun fast little bike...

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
I struck out on the 125 parts Jeep... The bike was sold for parts this past spring. I'll keep an eye out though...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts