Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im feeling more and more like the quad is the only stock thing i own and this IS NOT ok with me, so with the holidays coming up i figure its time to buy some ATV toys :D

96 TRX300FW all stock except a plow and HIDs (awaiting install)

what can i do to this thing? id like to get a bit more performance out of it as well as maybe beef up the electrical system and suspension

so whats a good start and where are good places to go for these parts? i can find truck parts all day long (the other money pit! :icon_ banana:) but a little lost on where i can find upgrades for the ol' workhorse

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
With HIDs I doubt you would need to upgrade the electrical they actually draw less current since they are a ballast type system and the ballast is more or less a capacitor. As far as performance mods are concerned I would start with the usual bolt-ons. Aftermarket filter, exhaust, and a rejet on the carb. I think Webcams makes a mud cam for the utility quads but I'm not sure about your model specific. try www.rockymountainatv.com they may have a few things.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill check them out

the HIDs actually pull a higher power because stock bulbs are only 25w, no wonder i couldnt see a damn thing at night!

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holy chit! small world lmao, im definitely thinking an exhaust is in order, just gotta find one made for the ol girl

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I don't think there's much available for the 300 either, but I think SuperTrapp makes a pipe for the 300. I don't know if anybody else makes one for the 300 or not. There used to be a little more available for the 300, but because of all the newer models, most companies have dropped production of most of the 300 aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
another new guy question, are all 300 engines the same and can use the same parts? or are there certain years that are interchangeable?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i dont think they are all interchangeable. not positive. there should be something to set yours and a few other years apart. go check out rocky mountain atv.com and select your quad, you should see the year models that work with yours.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
another new guy question, are all 300 engines the same and can use the same parts? or are there certain years that are interchangeable?
All the engine parts will interchange. The '88-'91 had a few differences from the '92-'00, but not many. The cam is different, but they will interchange. The exhaust is made a little different, but it will bolt to the engine fine. The only problem is one of the mounting tabs don't line up with the tab on the frame, but it can be made to work if necessary. I can't think of anything else different. If there is any other differences in the engine parts, the parts will still interchange.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts