Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working my way through a machine that was given to me. The chain is heavily stretched and the rear sprocket teeth are pointy and some are shorter than others. I need to replace the chain and sprockets, but OEM parts aren't readily available. I want to keep stock gearing. Where can I get aftermarket parts that will fit without any hassle? I have read the rear sprocket has rubber shock grommets or something and aftermarket do not.

Can anyone help me get the right parts for it? This thing is a bit like a pandoras box. The rear brakes didnt work, but were just misadjusted, everything is in spec, but the axle bearings are shot, and now I see the chain is shot, and I have no clue what will happen as I move to the front of this quad with oil leaks and front end inspection.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
For chains I've always used D.I.D, they're the main players in motorcycle chains and are faultless. Sprockets/chainwheels again there is no other but Renthal chainwheels, big players and probably the best money can buy.
I know a lot of the guys on here use Partzilla for spares etc that's assuming your in the USA or Canada. For UK I would recommend QuadPartsDirect or ATVcity.

As for the little rubber parts on your rear sprocket, I don't think it will matter to much, I had a 94 CRM125 enduro bike some years back that needed a sprocket which had the same rubber insert idea. I went to Honda main dealer for a replacement and the new one came without the rubbers, it's more than likely to stop the transmission bouncing the chain on the sprocket when you engage a gear, modern sprockets will take this abuse with no issues at all. Remember to change both front and rear sprockets as well as the chain.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Honda TRX 200SX Chain and Sprockets Set *FREE U.S. SHIPPING* - G&H Discount ATV Supply

Is this what you're looking for??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, thats what I need but I'm concerned about its quality.

I want to piece it together with DID chains, and Renthal Sprockets if it's not crazy expensive. I just am having trouble finding the parts because I don't know if Im getting the right ones. Pictures are always stock photos so they look nothing like what I took off.

I have a Moose Rear 1210-0850 picked out.

The chain I don't know about. I found a 520 DZ2 DID chain, but its 120 links, and my chain (according to the parts list) is only 80. So....what do I do about that? Also, A lot of parts reference a 1986 TRX250...is the front sprocket on those the same as on my 200sx? Also...O-ring vs. X-ring....does it matter?

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I don't know sprocket sizes but I do know if you contact D.I.D & Renthal and tell them the make and year of your ATV or bike they usually send the correct parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.