Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the forum like all newvies with a problem:icon_rolleyes: sorry

i have a 2004 rancher at 400
it use to run about 5 muntes then strated grinding and slipping , ''so we changed the clutch and put castrol hd 40 oil ,and also repared the timing chain . so now it ont even move it will just make this real bad noise grinding and will barely move but not drivable.
i am told its the hondamatic ,they have it disasembled and need some big bearings. anyone know where i can find these parts , or maybe its not even the hondamatic?????
thanks

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
new to the forum like all newvies with a problem:icon_rolleyes: sorry

i have a 2004 rancher at 400
it use to run about 5 muntes then strated grinding and slipping , ''so we changed the clutch and put castrol hd 40 oil ,and also repared the timing chain . so now it ont even move it will just make this real bad noise grinding and will barely move but not drivable.
i am told its the hondamatic ,they have it disasembled and need some big bearings. anyone know where i can find these parts , or maybe its not even the hondamatic?????
thanks
when you changed the clutch..which one did you change ?..the centrifugal or clutch disk ?..and where is this grinding noise comming from ?..the engine ?..or rear differental ?..let us know..then we might be able to pin point your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts