Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if my 4 wheeler requires a 11 in wheel does it matter what size tire i put on as long as the last number is 11?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
if my 4 wheeler requires a 11 in wheel does it matter what size tire i put on as long as the last number is 11?
Correct, the last number is the wheel diameter. The width isn't really that important, it should fit anyway, unless the tire is extremely wide.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct, the last number is the wheel diameter. The width isn't really that important, it should fit anyway, unless the tire is extremely wide.
what if i have a 12x7 wheel and a 8 or 9 in width in the tire? does it still not matter?
i am just making sure before i make a mistake and order something that doesnt fit.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
what if i have a 12x7 wheel and a 8 or 9 in width in the tire? does it still not matter?
Yeah, it will still fit, just as long as the wheel diameter is the same. Most of the time when you buy a new ATV, the stock tires will be two or three sizes wider than the width of the rim.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thx would it look weird if i had 24x8x12 tires on rear and front? or should i get bigger ones for the rear?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
ok thx would it look weird if i had 24x8x12 tires on rear and front? or should i get bigger ones for the rear?
I'm not sure. If the stock tires are smaller in the front than the back, I would probably get bigger ones in the back. Be careful not too get too big of a tire or it will rub your fenders.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
What kind of rims are these going on? An 8" wide tire on the back will look a little weird, cuz it will be narrower than stock.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, I would get a 10 inch wide tire for the back and a 8 inch wide tire for the front.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
^^^Agree^^^

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i did that exactly haha. i am getting the maxxis bighorn2.0 23x8x12 for the front and 23x10x12 for the rear. thanks guys for the help.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
will a 10in tire fit on a 9 inch rim
If you're talking about the rim diameter it won't. If the rim diameter is 9 inch and the tire rim diameter is 10 inch, it won't fit. If you were talking about the width of the tire and rim, it would fit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts