Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm trying to get some good input out here for a good utility quad. I'm looking for one that my wife can ride as well. I have been looking at the 700 Rincon mainly because it is large enough to carry us both and its an automatic she wouldn't have to shift gears just gas and go. My friend has a Can-Am 800r that quad is sweet! I know it's not a Honda but that would be my second choice 800cc twin cylinder 71Hp. it's pretty fast too! Very comfortable to sit on and the passenger has a backrest. I Love hondas more. I'm open for suggestions. My wife did tell me if I got one it had to be PINK!! great was my reply a fat guy riding a Pink quad! Tough guys ride Pink Right? thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My girlfriend's family is all about Polaris and has always had very good luck with them (even after i beat the snot out of them). I know of some people in northern NH that use the Polaris ATV and Ranger selction on their farms and have always had good luck with them. They are a great work vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll check into those as well

·
Registered
391 Posts
Im kinda partial but that 700 honda in pink sounds soo sexy, and the can-am its really overweight isnt it? i thought it got decent reviews tho

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pink quad sexy? absolutely!! I saw one at Busco Beach With a chick on it in a bikini, yeah they are sexy!!!LOL I like the 700 Honda too. Also your right the can-am is a little heavy but man are they nice!! Hefty price too
!! about 11 grand.

Im kinda partial but that 700 honda in pink sounds soo sexy, and the can-am its really overweight isnt it? i thought it got decent reviews tho

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got a weight limit on my quads i like to keep them uner 450lb, just incase i roll ot over on myself when rideing alone i want to be able to push it off ya know (The 700 honda weighs in at 648lb) and its alot cheaper at $7999msrp

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes, i want to second that, we definately need a pic of that pink quad.....

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys I was rinding my quad my stepson did get her on video though!! the little perv.! LOL next time I will they are always there from what my friend has told me. She was riding a Jacked-up KingQuad. very nice!! thae quad was too.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i gotta get the cam from my friend

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't get the video camera to sync with my computer I lost my software cd and sony do have the download for it. But I will get you the pic (of the quad) soon as I can figure out how

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hey guys I'm trying to get some good input out here for a good utility quad. I'm looking for one that my wife can ride as well. I have been looking at the 700 Rincon mainly because it is large enough to carry us both and its an automatic she wouldn't have to shift gears just gas and go. My friend has a Can-Am 800r that quad is sweet! I know it's not a Honda but that would be my second choice 800cc twin cylinder 71Hp. it's pretty fast too! Very comfortable to sit on and the passenger has a backrest. I Love hondas more. I'm open for suggestions. My wife did tell me if I got one it had to be PINK!! great was my reply a fat guy riding a Pink quad! Tough guys ride Pink Right? thanks in advance for the help.
Give a grizzly a try.Look at it this way..... I own one so it must be the best machine on earth..:icon_gd::funnyhonda:

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The Grizzly is a great machine, Polaris is making some really good 4x4 machines. The Can Am has the Rotax motor in it, an absolutely amazing motor. Look into Power Steering for your wife.

Oh, and here is my pink quad...no joke. it sits in my garage.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow...reading all these recommendations makes me regret buying a Rancher.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do like the can-am lots of impresive power from a rotax motor but 9 G's is alot to forkout right now.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
The Rancher is a good reliable Quad. If you are going to spend like 10grand on one of those huge ute s buy a side by side. I have ridden a few. That is mo on the best ute. I like reliable. Me and dad Bought a 1987 Yamaha BigBear from my Grandfather. He was the orginal owner. Good quad. Put new itp mudlites on it, new brakes, and rebuilt carb, etc . Super quad and Its not a Honda. Been good to my grandfather and us. If I was not going to get a rancher i would go with a Yamaha. Those Big Honda automatics seem to have alot of issues.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I want to get a Rzr, not the S, but I'm waiting for them to be out several years so I can find a used one. I don't want the '08, I'll wait for an '09.

From what little I know, you won't go wrong with a Honda for resale value. Not sure about just general quality or performance, etc, but for sheer resale and demand, Honda is a good buy.

Aside from the Rzr, I want a Rancher with the new AT like Green has, but with PS. When those start hitting the used market I'm gonna get one as long as they don't have problems with the new AT and PS in the first few years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
Pain
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing