Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what kind of winch should i get?

ok so i found out im getting a job next month.. and inless somebody comes up to me with 5300..im keepin my atv.. now what kind of winch should i get? im always pullin people out... and well..i need to pull myself out sometimes.. last season i had to wait a hour for somebody to pass befor i could get out! (i hit a very soft spot..didnt even see it) im looking at this Warn 1700 lbs Pulling Capacity Winch - 1833147 | Tractor Supply Company OR Champion Power Equipment 4500 lb. Pulling Capacity Winch - 1830254 | Tractor Supply Company would the 1700 be enough? or should i just go big or go home kinda thing :D also what about the brands..champion and warn.. obv. warn is the better brand but is it relieable? and also where should i mount it? or should i just mount it in the reg. spot. lots of questions..hope u guys dont mindhuh:huh:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I would get the warn just for the good rep. it has and 1,700lbs. will get you out of anything. Mount it on the front just like everybody else that way it's easier to steer out if your stuck by yourself. and we don't mind at all that is why this forum is here.:icon_wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh yeah.. i figured warn was the better brand..and cheaper in this case too..should have started a poll.. lol

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
If you have a Rural King store where you live you can get the winch cheaper there.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, I would go with the Warn, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
go with warn i had a champion and it was the biggest peice of junk have a warn on it now and works awsome not a minuts problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts