Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell us what winch you run!

If you're shopping around for a winch for your ATV CLICK HERE or check out a couple of our best sellers below.

Superwinch Terra 35 Winch With Cable RopeStandard Features

• Powers Load IN and OUT.
  • Automatic 100% load holding brake.
  • Full metal, 3-Stage Planetary Gear-train.
  • Ergonomic Freespooling Clutch.
  • High efficiency, low amp draw, sealed permanent magnet motor.
  • Circuit Breaker Protected.
  • Weather Sealed Solenoid Contactor.
  • 4-way Roller Fairlead.
  • Heavy Duty Latched Hook with Thimble.
MotoSport.com Price: $295.99

Warn Vantage 3000 Winch
Vantage 3000: More pulling power for larger ATVs and side x sides. When you need big power at a premium value, the Vantage 3000 is an excellent choice for vehicle recovery or moving heavy loads. With great performance, a powerful motor, and 3,000 pounds of pulling capacity, this winch will get the job done without breaking the bank.
  • 50' of 3/16" wire rope with roller fairlead.
  • Fully sealed motor and drivetrain to keep the elements out.
  • Three-stage planetary gear train for smooth, efficient operation.
  • Mechanical spring brake for control while winching.
  • High-strength composite gear housing and all-metal gears.
  • Includes handlebar-mounted mini-rocker switch and corded remote control.
  • Warranty: 5 year mechanical, 1 year electrical (North America).
MotoSport.com Price: $307.99

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
What kind of discounts do you offer for being a forum sponsor?

i currently have a warn 2000 lb winch on the honda. and Warn 4500 lb winch on the commander.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Im gonna guess the 295 for the terra is a typo, because that winch is 180 on amazon.

·
Premium Member
10,717 Posts
I now own two Superwinch Terra's. I've owned Warn and have friends who 'have' owned Warn and all of them have failed. Most have literally fallen apart, even when they are not being used. The Superwinch TERRA is a very solid, well-built winch, and Superwinch's Factory Customer service is absolutely outstanding. I don't think that a person can purchase a better ATV winch and winch company for the money. Amazon is definately the best place to look for a Superwinch Terra. Sometimes, you can get a Terra35 for a little less money than a Terr25!! Right now, you can get a Terra 35 for $15 less than a Terra25!! Also, watch Amazon for deals on the Terra 25 and 35 with synthetic cable! See>http://www.amazon.com/Superwinch-1135220-fairlead-handlebar-handheld/dp/B003COTFS4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367539092&sr=8-2&keywords=superwinch+terra+25 .... where the Terra 35 is only $181.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I've got a Super winch EX-1 on the "rhino"....soon to be on the "tank" I will be getting either a viper classic 3000 or...a Bear Claw 2.8 to put on the rhino. Both are outstanding winches.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I now own two Superwinch Terra's. I've owned Warn and have friends who 'have' owned Warn and all of them have failed. Most have literally fallen apart, even when they are not being used. The Superwinch TERRA is a very solid, well-built winch, and Superwinch's Factory Customer service is absolutely outstanding. I don't think that a person can purchase a better ATV winch and winch company for the money. Amazon is definately the best place to look for a Superwinch Terra. Sometimes, you can get a Terra35 for a little less money than a Terr25!! Right now, you can get a Terra 35 for $15 less than a Terra25!! Also, watch Amazon for deals on the Terra 25 and 35 with synthetic cable! See>Superwinch 1135220 Terra 35 3500lbs/1591kg single line pull with roller fairlead, handlebar mnt toggle, handheld remote : Amazon.com : Automotive .... where the Terra 35 is only $181.
You're right, Amazon seems to have the best prices but did you have any problems installing the Terra on your Rancher 420?

One of the reviewers of the Superwinch Terra 25 on Amazon wrote:

"I tried installing this winch on a 2007 Honda TRX420. Well it didn't work at all, I removed the factory bumper to get this thing in there and the bumper wouldn't remotely fit back on. So for those of you thinking of installing this on a tiny Honda, don't."

If you didn't have any issues where would you suggest mounting the solenoid?

The 35 is two pounds heavier and only 0.2" longer so if you had to do it again, would you pick the 25 or the 35 for $18 more?

Any feedback would be helpful!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts