Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Honda Rincon 680 and would like to know what are some goo performance upgrades to get more power?

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Exhaust, air filter, EFI tuner. If your really serious about power look into a 710cc big bore w/ high compression piston and a cam.

If your running 28" + tires then you will want a gear reduction.

·
Premium Member
10,717 Posts
I'd be careful with the air filters. Most aftermarket air filters that let in more air also let in more dust- which will prematurely damage your engine.

Just remember, there will be a cost (in $$ and reliability) with most any power modification you do. If you want a lower gear range, which will definitely give you more power to the wheels, consider the BRGR gear change. (You'll lose top end speed with the BRGR)

As indicated above, larger (than stock) tires will also negatively affect your power, and handling.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You have a 680 and want more power?
All you can really do to put more to the wheels is to get a GR but that takes off top end speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 26in Mudlites for tires on it right now I was just thinking about doing exhaust and maybe something else to it for a little more power. What are some good exhaust systems? I don't want to make it much louder. Maybe some other add ons to I'm just trying to figure out what ones will be better? Thanks for all the tips so far

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I'd just port&polish the head and port the exhaust gasket to match the head, put a straight pipe on it and some computer work, oh with exhaust bigger is better. Look at my post. Ignition and fuel additives my advice. When ya look up the spark plug in my case E3.36 dont just watch the E3 video go to youtube and watch Stacey daivd gearz (testing e3 spark plugs), there are a bunch of good reviews on these plugs. But it might not work for ya but look at my thread and see what ya think. If ya can't find it an iridium plug will work,

·
Premium Member
10,717 Posts
Exhausts aren't going to give you that much more power; especially without significantly increasing the noise. (It's not worth it in my opinion). Honda exhausts are tuned to the engine to give the most power, make your engine operate most efficiently, while keeping the noise within lawful and acceptable limits.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Brgr and a cam. I have noticed every Honda with every exhaust sounds the same. The only difference is stock sounds. My $35 tractor muffler sounds exactly like a $300 HMF. Also considered adding more airflow to your airbox.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Exhausts aren't going to give you that much more power; especially without significantly increasing the noise. (It's not worth it in my opinion). Honda exhausts are tuned to the engine to give the most power, make your engine operate most efficiently, while keeping the noise within lawful and acceptable limits.
Didnt know that, I thought that if ya put a better one on you'd get more power cause the engine is a big fancy air pump. I also ment computer and ignition upgrades too.

·
Premium Member
10,717 Posts
Be very careful, (and wary) about changing an air filter. In most cases, air filters that let more air in also let more of everything else in; including grime that will decrease the life of your engine.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
A twin air or UNI filter will flow more air and filter just as good as a stock filter.

FMF used to make a Powerline exhaust for them that was by far the best. If you can find one used I would go with that. 2nd option would be a HMF Swamp Series. Not too loud.

With a UNI filter, exhaust, and EFI tuner you will notice a difference. Nobody else here in this thread has actually done what your asking, only me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 06 Rincon 680 efi. Custom built by me. I've completely rebuilt the entire bike. I've done the 710 big bore with a harley Davidson evo piston. Web cam. BRGR. Efi tuner. Hmf exhaust. running 110 octane. I've been on multiple rides with it. Many with 27" big horns. And many with 30" bkt's. I will say I dont think theres a honda on the planet that can hang with it. With the 27s you can't keep the front wheels on the ground in a race period. But will smoke an 850 sportsman from light pole to light pole. With 30s tons of bottom end power still it will power through any hole you put it in. That being said... I still want MORE power. Next year I plan to deck the head and add the stroker crank. my question is.. ignition upgrades. I'm wondering if there is a cdi box upgrade or any ignition upgrade out that I don't know about or Any other modifications I haven't done and has anybody added the stroker crank yet

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 06 Rincon 680 efi. Custom built by me. I've completely rebuilt the entire bike. I've done the 710 big bore with a harley Davidson evo piston. Web cam. BRGR. Efi tuner. Hmf exhaust. running 110 octane. I've been on multiple rides with it. Many with 27" big horns. And many with 30" bkt's. I will say I dont think theres a honda on the planet that can hang with it. With the 27s you can't keep the front wheels on the ground in a race period. But will smoke an 850 sportsman from light pole to light pole. With 30s tons of bottom end power still it will power through any hole you put it in. That being said... I still want MORE power. Next year I plan to deck the head and add the stroker crank. my question is.. ignition upgrades. I'm wondering if there is a cdi box upgrade or any ignition upgrade out that I don't know about or Any other modifications I haven't done and has anybody added the stroker crank yet
I’m looking to get just a little more power than stock out of my 2017 rincon 680. i was thinking of just some type of efi tuner along with exhaust/ air filter. any recommendations?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a PowerCommander chip, tuned it on the dyno. Perfect balance of cruise power and aggressive power depending how you run the throttle. Need to change the exhaust and air intake though.

I’m looking to get just a little more power than stock out of my 2017 rincon 680. i was thinking of just some type of efi tuner along with exhaust/ air filter. any recommendatio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts