Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at purchasing a new Honda Pioneer 1000 but need to find a ToyHauler that it will fit in.
I am wondering if any one in the forum has any suggestions.

The Honda Site says the dimensions are:
Length 116.8 inches
Width 63.0 inches
Height 76.0 inches

I have been looking at Toyhaulers on line but most of them don't provide the height of the Garage opening.

Any Suggestions would be Great. Thank you

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
your going to want at least a 7 ft cieling, 8.5 wides are maybe the better option too here
then you have more room to walk squeeze past on the sides
I would think a MIN of 19+ ft long, but longer the hauler, the more space you will have for other things

you looking for a bumper/class 5-7 hitch pull, or looking for a 5 th wheel??
have always had good luck with Haulmark trailers,(currently have a Worthington all aluminum, but for sleds not utv's, not tall enough what I have, its only 6 ft tall!)
but these days, so many good one's out there, just stick to an all aluminum if you can, way less to worry about over time! Triton's are like cream of the drop, and prices reflect so too! but a ton of options out there to be honest

have a look at this for a simple idea, a 1000 poineer shouldn't be any bigger than a 4 seater RZR

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm also pricing out a Pioneer 1000, and have the trailer question to contend with. I went to our local trailer shop and told them I wanted an enclosed trailer to store and haul my UTV. They were very accommodating and helpful. They wrote up a bid for a 6' wide trailer with a the normal ramp door in the rear, but they would add a side door to accommodate getting in and out of the UTV. They also added either 6" or 12" to the height. The trailer was single axle, and my out the door price was right at $5,000.

They said that they would recommend not going with a 7' wide because of the additional wind resistance.

I haven't placed an order yet, but I plan to soon. They don't make the trailer at their shop and it will take about 6 weeks to get after they order it from their supplier. They want me to bring the UTV in before they order to measure exactly where to put the side door.

They could also add a small access near the front left side if I desired so it would be easy to tied down, but the trailer guy thought tying down at three points would be enough. I plan to have them add the little access door for my own peace of mind.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
We have a 2016 cherokee grey wolf limited and we can get my brother 2013 rzr 800s and 2 quads in it. Or 4 quads with one rolled half way up on the front bed. We had to add alittle support for that part. But we have taken it on 6 day trips of 3hours one way and back with no problems. The layout is what you want to really look at. Ours has nothing along the whole one side but garage space. Sadly they got rid of our layout in 2017 model and it has way less usable space. But your pioneer 1000 will fit easy even in the 2017 just not 4 quads or a rzr and 2 quads anymore.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
I personally would want a wider trailer than 6 ft, just to make getting in and out of the UTV easier when its parked inside, all the more so if you add better doors to them!

enclosed trailers are like garages, there never big enough LOL
so better to have extra room, than just enough IMO

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
^^^roger that the advantages of the 84"W beats out the extra surface area vs drag. My camper is 108 inch W

·
Registered
83 Posts
SlammedRanger - Your picture looks more like a condo with a few ATV's spread around. Wow! I'm impressed. It sure looks professional and CLEAN, makes me jealous for sure.

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
SlammedRanger - Your picture looks more like a condo with a few ATV's spread around. Wow! I'm impressed. It sure looks professional and CLEAN, makes me jealous for sure.

Thanks man! I appreciate it! I have done 3 things all my life. Load trailers, camp, and ride quads. What better way to bring all three togeather in one. And having your own bathroom at alot of the riding places is just a bonus. That and a place to cook food and eat. Its a pretty sweet setup for sure! I am blessed to have it and spent about every last penny i had on it lol

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
^^^^^ and I'd like to see more pics of it!

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
The one i posted is all i have on my phone. I can snap a few more tomorrow. It has a king size bed in the back that folds into a table and benches. And a queen size bed in the front. Im not trying to thread jack though so i will post the pictures on my own thread.

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts

Seems how it is atleast showing a toyhauler trailer that would work for the OP i will just post the pictures that jay requested.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That's sweet! Thanks much slammed

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
No problem! I actually tow it with a ram 1500. 4.7 with a tuner. And it pulls it pretty well for what it is. Unless im trying to get above 60mph lol. That is the cut-off for power.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
OK then, that seems like a big trailer for that 4.7 LOL

but gather a lot has to do with how hilly things are where you live, or not, as in flat lands, that should be all you need to tow with , having a bigger truck to stop it too!

around here, all the hills would be hard on a 4.7 for sure
heck my dodge's with 5.7's struggled with smaller trailers than that one LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just went through this process with my new Honda 1000 and ended up with an open trailer. I didn't want an 8' wide, and 7' wide just doesn't work even with a custom roadside door. It's not a problem to add height to a trailer (6 or 12 inches) if you buy it new. It's the width that you'll find is your problem. I bought a 7 x 12 aluminum trailer that makes loading and unloading a snap - hydraulic assist on the tilt. I have road tested a trailer like I ordered, but I don't remember the mfg. I did put a 2' gravel guard on the front of the trailer, and the dealer said that it would be a big help to add mud flaps on the rear of my SUV. I get the trailer next week if you would like more details. I was very disappointed that I couldn't make an enclosed trailer work, but I ended up with a very nice alternative.

I would be interested to see what you end up with.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts

but gather a lot has to do with how hilly things are where you live, or not, as in flat lands, that should be all you need to tow with , having a bigger truck to stop it too!

5.7 dodge struggles with your trailer ?..hmmm..should have bought a 5.3L chevy...lol.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts

5.7 dodge struggles with your trailer ?..hmmm..should have bought a 5.3L chevy...lol.

The hemi makes 395hp 410tq and the 5.3 makes 355hp 383tq......so bit of a downgrade. I have a buddy with a truck that has that 5.3 in it, that thing is weak sauce compared to the hemi, even with a little tuner on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts

The hemi makes 395hp 410tq and the 5.3 makes 355hp 383tq......so bit of a downgrade. I have a buddy with a truck that has that 5.3 in it, that thing is weak sauce compared to the hemi, even with a little tuner on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
welllllllll..I was just wondering why a 5.7 has trouble pulling a trailer ?. I've pulled a 29ft nomad, fully loaded, and had no trouble..cept drinking a ton of gas..lol. maybe rear gears ?, mine has 3.73 .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
9 Participants
Redtape
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing