Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
What navigational system do you use? We have downloadable trail maps so I keep them in my phone and have a paper copy in the pack. Works great for when I get lost--not often but have have jumped off to the wrong trail before.

So anyway looking to see what mounts and modules are available

Super Moderator
fish and a couple others here use them, he can answer you the best. me ?, I don't use them, I normally go where I know the area ?, and I always tell someone where I am going ?,when I should be back ?, and if I am not back ?.put out an APB !!..LMFAO.

Reactions: Goober

Registered
Garmin of your choice and a Ram mount. I run a Garmin GPSMap 62s but would probably buy a Monterra or Montana if I was buying new now. The Ram mounts are the best there is, I've used them to hold $40,000 GPS receivers on my quad, so you can say I trust them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
I got the Montana 610 and it is amazing , I fished for years and have had Garmin since as soon as GPS hit the public market and I got away from LORAN C , been thru quite a few models and still have all of them and they work , they have great product support and warranty service , lots of accessories and updates , and the thing I like best is they are water proof ( so far and knock """ on wood ) --------don't want to sound like a commercial but Garmin is the way to go -------there is a thread with lots of info about what they can do now days

Attachments

Registered
Picked out a helix 5 gps sonar combo fits great on the bike, doesn't have topographical but shows routes to help return, and doubles as a fish finder. Great price imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Picked out a helix 5 gps sonar combo fits great on the bike, doesn't have topographical but shows routes to help return, and doubles as a fish finder. Great price imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
that fish finder sound like something I could use , ride a few holes that are deep , does it do side scan cause I am pretty sure I run then to the sides going thru LOL , I actually thought about mounting my Garmin GPS chart plotter on the bike , it would be a nice size screen , could use the water temperature gauge ----- a lot of times when we run the ditches you will force a wave in front and push fish out the water , perch , bass , pikes , cat fish and shoe pics , small but if you were hungry you could build a fire and eat

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the 'puts gives me a great way to go. Have an older Garmin but can't get to download maps anymore

Registered
I use an app on my iPhone called MotionX GPS. It works great. I can record each trip if I want with distanced traveled, speed, length of time, vertical, etc. it also records everywhere I went before, so I follow the same line/trail on the screen if I want.
one great feature is, if your buddies have the same app and they put in the same code, it keeps track of where everyone is, by sending a signal every minute and you can see their location on your map and they can see your location. Very helpful if you are going to meet up with your buddies, you can see them on the screen map.
I put the same iPhone holder on the handlebars of my atvs, just put my phone in it, turn the app on and go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts