Honda ATV Forum banner

Which Honda atv is your all time favorite?

What is you all time favorite Honda ATV

21K views 54 replies 31 participants last post by  Peabody 
#1 ·
Any year, size etc... it will be cool to see everyone's favorite!! My personal favorite is a tie between the Rincon and the Fourtrax 300. The Rincon because it's the biggest lol and the tranny in them. The Fourtrax because of the reliability of it!! What do you guys think!!

#43 ·
The 700 Raptor I rode was totally stock , my buddy was hollowing bust on it , I am like , I did and that is enough , it really is too much power , on loose dirt it is going to spin and on hard surfaces it is going to wheelie , I agree with like you said about going straight ----------Dick's Cycles has a 700 bored to 834 and set up for the track , I never rode it , doubt he would let me , but seen it run , you can't keep the wheels from spinning ---- I have rode a Cam-Am Renegade 1000 with all kinds of mods , Looney Tune exhaust and a programmer to name a couple , it is insane to have that much power ------- another buddy just sold his Can-Am 800 , when he bought it he went all the way to Beaumont , Texas , it had $5k of mods to it , he did another $5k of mods , it was insane , he came over here by the house a few times and never did complete a full ride with out breaking something , but the way he rides is full throttle , he spun the rear tire off the rim once and another time broke the steering knuckle off the front , the tire and knuckle was totally disconnected from the bike and laying in the mud , that was no fun getting him back and on the trailer ----- I remember that day , we tied the wheel to his bike , we took the winch cable and went under my bike then up thru the back thru the rack , tied a tree limb on the back rack and the winch cable over the limb , that gave it more height and kept from bending the rack , then winched his bike up against my bike and had a Can-Am 570 pushing him , he still had two drive and helped , it was like a train , when we got it to the house we tied a piece of pipe to his front rack , and had 3 people on each side to lift the front as he drove it on the trailer ------moral of that story is when is it enough of power

#44 ·
Damn thats crazy!! For me... I'd rather be out riding than having to fix my quad every ride... I think that guy hit the limit of too much power lol

That train system you made..... I saw some guy on YouTube do the same thing... OstaCruiser lol .... They looked like a snake going down the trails... the poor guy in the back just gave it the gas and held on!!! Lmao

#46 ·
Quote : Damn thats crazy!! For me... I'd rather be out riding than having to fix my quad every ride... I think that guy hit the limit of too much power lol

That train system you made..... I saw some guy on YouTube do the same thing... OstaCruiser lol .... They looked like a snake going down the trails... the poor guy in the back just gave it the gas and held on!!! Lmao
Like : Quote

we use to always tease our buddy , he had a 300 that the frame rusted out and he put 1/2 sliced pieces of fence pipe over the rusted frame tubes and pop corn welded them to strengthen it up , and we use say in front of him to makes sure we got two ropes before leaving as we might have to pull his bike back in two pieces ------------ we have had to leave bikes over night quite a few times , but have always managed to get them back home so far , some weird ways -------

#47 ·
You never know what your going to have to rig up on the trails!! lmao....

A while back we went trail riding at Fingerlakes Mo.... I was on my Honda 300ex .... we had a very large group with us.... we where going along and we found this cool mud hole, in the middle there was a very easy little trail to go through, but off to either side was extremely deep mud and water.... One of my buddies on his Honda Recon is always cocky about how his bike is a tank through the mud.. I bet him $5 he couldn't make it to the other side.. he took the bait.... He gets about 3rd gear full throttle and hits the mud.... stops him dead in his tracks, he flies over the bars and gets covered in mud.... I have never laughed so hard in my life.... my brother was laughing so hard he actually threw up..... We laughed for a good 10 minutes before going to help him out of the mud..... I wish I had my Go Pro on.... Well he ended up bending on of his front control arms, he couldn't turn at all..... so we used a ratchet strap and bent his control arm back and rode on..... That day was truly one of the best days on my life.... We still give him crap to this day.... we call him tinker bell (because he flu over the bars)... or super man (he looked like super man with his arms out straight).... good times

#48 ·
I was thinking of the Big Red too, and it should be a must on the list. What a neat, reliable machine that didn't fail to get the job done. I kick myself for having sold mine for a mere $1000. Having said that, my '96 Foreman is also a reliable work horse that I wouldn't trade for anything. It plows a lot of snow which has to be hard of the machine, and it pulls a good sized trailer in the summer. Both of the above are such great machines that I insisted on a Honda Pioneer 1000 P3 when the time came to buying a side by side.

#49 ·
Yeah I went through the natural progression of Hondas, 250 Big Red, 300, 350 Rancher, 420 Rancher, 500 Rubicon & 500 Foreman. I still have the last three, sold the first three. All were/are in good running condition. The 250 Big Red was an awesome machine. I’ve never had to walk home, riding a Honda.

#51 ·
Our first atv was a 250 big red 3 wheeler.. great memories and been a fan of Honda since. My favorite (though many dont share my opinion) has been by far the trx700xx. I'm on my third one. 1st was stolen, 2nd I gave to my son when I bought my third. We have some pretty rough trails and this bike just eats it up. I fly past the Raptors, the rzr's can't keep up and even my wife's renegade xxc can't handle the rough stuff as fast as I can throw it at the Honda. This thing is a trail monster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.