Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2017 Honda Rancher 4x4 manual shift. TRX420FM1. As you can see in the pic, the previous owner scuffed this part pretty good. I’d like to replace it. Have no idea what it is or what it’s called. I know you can plainly see the reverse lever, but for reference, it’s on the left handlebar and two wires are going in it.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part Electrical wiring

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Picture shows the rear stop switch assembly, it's a micro switch that activates the brake lights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picture shows the rear stop switch assembly, it's a micro switch that activates the brake lights.
Thank you man! Are you 100% that’s what it is? Also, I only see the one screw on top to disassemble? Is it pretty easy to install you think?

·
Premium Member
5,029 Posts
👍🏻
Once you get a part number, helps to search for it on fleabay or goggles. Sometimes you get a different or better pic of it. Some sellers don’t know what they have or what it fits.

Product Font Screenshot Machine Parallel

·
Premium Member
5,029 Posts
Seems easy to remove and replace. You’ll want a service manual to know how to adjust settings. I’m assuming the module cannot be adjusted but that the cable slack is adjusted.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Seems easy to remove and replace. You’ll want a service manual to know how to adjust settings. I’m assuming the module cannot be adjusted but that the cable slack is adjusted.
It's just one screw holding it in place. The micro switch comes into contact with the brake lever keeping the brake light off, when you squeeze the handle the switch makes contact and the lights come on, you can adjust it a bit in It's cradle but not much.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Thank you man! Are you 100% that’s what it is? Also, I only see the one screw on top to disassemble? Is it pretty easy to install you think?
Yes it's the rear stop switch assembly

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
rear brake light switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts