Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,142 Posts
Likely a 2000 sold in 1999. Bought my Rancher in fall of 2000 and it’s a 2001 year model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
your correct, honda didn't sell the trx350 ranchers ( state side anyway ) until 2000 from what I know of ?.

·
Super Moderator
38,142 Posts
Likely a 2000 sold in 1999. Bought my Rancher in fall of 2000 and it’s a 2001 year model.

Could be, who can remember from 20 years ago. Whenever they first made the orange Rancher...The interesting thing about the 350 Rancher was the carb heat they installed, They realized they had a cold start problem with the 300. They installed a DC heater element in the carb intake.
I can remember 20 years ago..then again..i am 55 yrs old..lol.

·
Super Moderator
38,142 Posts
Yep, was actually optional on the late 300’s ,98-00, and it came on the 450 Foreman’s as well 1998+. I can’t remember if it heats the intake air up or if it heats the fuel in the bowl, something tells me it’s the fuel? But it’s been a long time since I’ve had one apart.

heats the fuel in the bowl, suppose to anyway..lol.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
For heavens sake, I just tried to kill a bug moving around on my screen! It was a honda bug, it kept going :)
redtherocket; has got me many times, still does on occasion. it was worst in the early days, especially during the summer .. :grin

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Been thinking about this for a while and can’t come up with anything.On one had, I’d have to go with the TRX300, but then again that rear end isn’t very hard to kill.

Well I must say I disagree... I've owned 2 Honda 300s, both with 355bbk, & modified pretty much the same as in my sig.. I tore the hell outta the first one as far as mudding, this one.. just trails ect.. but NEVER have blew a rear diff like so many claim...

SO my vote is for an old Honda ATC or 300 as far as toughest Honda EVER built.... I've owned 3 ATCs & 2 300s

·
Premium Member
12,524 Posts
IO would vote for the 300 being the hardest to kill Honda ---- the rear end of the 300 is it's weak spot , but failure can be avoided with regular maintenance , I think that many people never check the oil in their diffs , let alone change it , it holds very little oil so any lost of oil or water getting in is brutal on it ----the TRX250 Fourtrax and the ATC250ES were another couple of quads that were long lasting

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
TRX300 88 to 97
Not as comfortable as my 02 450 foreman but strong and reliable lol that's why I have 6 of them!!!!
Lol ^^^ that's herd!! And Welcome to the forums!

X2 on what fish stated!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts