Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just one for the people.. firefox is compromised. i'm thinking old school., maybe more then then.
i can drop firefox in a heartbeat. it has got less used friendly, an more, push on you, what we think is best.. options, have been slowly disappearing, with add-ons, an such, extensions.
i been harassed 4 times, by firefox, today. adios, arse black vacuum.

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
There is no such thing as a private browser, or a non-hierarchic Internet structure in place that is browse-able in anonymity, nor any expectation of/or exercised rights of privacy among humanity, for that matter. Unless/until humanity decides to manage their own affairs and become responsible for their own existence, privacy will just be another word the sheepherder uses to manage herd perceptions in the sheepherders favor: aka usury... Ownership.

The one and only key to freedom is: RESPONSIBLE. 99.999% of all humans avoid those concepts, preferring to be controlled: Owned.

Straying from the herd (don't even thunk it) will not be tolerated. :-(

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shift to e-mail. is there a free e-mail?, box.
sounds redundant, dont it. guess i will have to buy my spot, where i got some control.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
while i am thinking, is there a good chance, a free e-mail exists.
while i am thinking, i do have moment's, that pan out. leave that one for comment's. 15% maybe.. .. ,, when i think.. 50% fun time, when i aint, the rest,, paying due's..

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
search engine's

i think i want a search engine, more than a safe browser, that actually let's you search. this ranking, the top 5, maybe 10, is not enough for me. it's like am radio maxumus. same 10 or 20 song's, over an over. {plus commercials} then FM got bad. followed by TV an Cable, or sat. same show, over an over..
was a time, you could serf the net. google restricted this. :crying

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont like, nor intend to like thought manipulation, search engines. it goes farther then this. you tube, face book, twitter, etc. some browser companies ... --- ... ; i want the free www back., instead of the propaganda one..
sorry for being pro-critical.. not
was a moment.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
browser/search engine

when i first posted this, i was thinking more of a search engine, than a browser.. After all, what good is a browser, without a good search engine.
DuckDuckGo, has turned stupid, an then some.. it may be more private, i wouldn't want to hold your hopes up,, but gives only the 3 or 4, top ranking searches, when i search..
that means; line after line, or page after page, of stuff, ya already seen. i must be geared towards me, dum bass, looking for a better ideal. So,, i used bing, believe or not. i am some cautious. i am finding more, than i have, in a great while.
Maybe, im drinking better JB.,, i dont think so, though, i did get a fondness for JB Maple. Who knew..
i still,, pretend its chocolate, on occasion. :smile
if ya fell for that last line, i was just kidding. :devil
so it goes

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
browser, or search engine

while looking for a search engine, i said i was looking for a browser.
OK, so i zig when i should zag, aint nothing new there. while i have been doing this for the longest time. firefox, has decided it will implement its security settings.. just great.. i didnt ask them to intervene on my behalf, and was quite satisfied, with my own protocols. now i got to figure a way to block firefox..
still looking for a search engine, that searches, without the ranking feature.
i best go check my settings in firefox to make sure i didnt bring this down on myself. the worst i will get is red ears, an some deserved harassment.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
browser, or search engine

while looking for a search engine, i said i was looking for a browser.
OK, so i zig when i should zag, aint nothing new there. while i have been doing this for the longest time. firefox, has decided it will implement its security settings.. just great.. i didnt ask them to intervene on my behalf, and was quite satisfied, with my own protocols. now i got to figure a way to block them..
still looking for a search engine, that searches, without the ranking feature.
i best go check my settings in firefox to make sure i didnt bring this down on myself. the worst i will get is red ears, an some well deserved harassment.
maybe somebody will buy me a beer, say keep trying. and pretend not to laugh

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
bump + 10 letter's
:grin

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@retro
you were right.. there are no good search engines. all of them are based on google, and ranking. put the top favorite ranked searches on top, of the search, and good luck finding what you want to find.. :sad :sad :sad

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ted, I searched (LOL) until I found a good article about choices of search engines and explained it in an easy to understand manner. It a subject that can be a little confusing. There is not a perfect engine IMO.

https://www.lifewire.com/best-search-engines-2483352

Google is getting worse and worse and makes me crazy. Duck Duck Go is good in the respect that it is far less invasive. The results take some getting used to.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
i have been to that page. i didnt read enough, to figure out how to type a search, so ya can find what ya want.. DDG, was delivering the top 4 to 5 searches. i switched to bing., it is moody an sometimes gets stuck on the top 6..
retro is right in the respect, thats sales dominate the search. and i think ranking involves, what people are looking for, v/s finding results..
"how to get around used car salesmen, and other BS salesmen, in a modern age, using the internet" comes to mind..
can ya find results with DDG?

Bump + 10 letters
means, ya cant bump a post least ya got 10 letters
mine are mostly bills

1 - 16 of 16 Posts