Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a 87 foreman 350 4x4 worth. its only problem is something is up with the electric start, so you have to kick start it. What are some rough guesses?

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
What is a 87 foreman 350 4x4 worth. its only problem is something is up with the electric start, so you have to kick start it. What are some rough guesses?
thats hard to say..i just restored my '89 to almost mint, minus a couple very small cracks in the plastic,,other than that..it's a very nice bike...mine was given to me..soo..i didn't pay anything for it..if you can post some pic's of it..then i could tell you what it's worth...now..without looking at it...and it's in sound shape..motor runs..no smoke..everything works on it...i wouldn't pay more than $ 700.00 for it..now..before you go and say thats pretty cheap to offer...let me explain..the number one reason i say this is..you cannot get alot of parts...spec new oem parts for this bike..they do not make them anymore...some parts yes..most parts..no !....if your bike don't have a bent frame..no differental damage..< front and rear >..no nosies from the motor..then it might be worth more..alot depends on what it looks like...and sounds like..and i cannot tell you this without looking at it..and hearing it..trust me on this..i've worked on..and rebuilt 3 and 4 wheelers for 12 years now..and this bike of yours..i know inside and out...< i've owned 2 of them > ....soo..keep in mind..before they want more for it..if you have to order any parts for it..you will spend alot of time on e-bay trying to get parts for it...good luck on your price.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
thats hard to say..i just restored my '89 to almost mint, minus a couple very small cracks in the plastic,,other than that..it's a very nice bike...mine was given to me..soo..i didn't pay anything for it..if you can post some pic's of it..then i could tell you what it's worth...now..without looking at it...and it's in sound shape..motor runs..no smoke..everything works on it...i wouldn't pay more than $ 700.00 for it..now..before you go and say thats pretty cheap to offer...let me explain..the number one reason i say this is..you cannot get alot of parts...spec new oem parts for this bike..they do not make them anymore...some parts yes..most parts..no !....if your bike don't have a bent frame..no differental damage..< front and rear >..no nosies from the motor..then it might be worth more..alot depends on what it looks like...and sounds like..and i cannot tell you this without looking at it..and hearing it..trust me on this..i've worked on..and rebuilt 3 and 4 wheelers for 12 years now..and this bike of yours..i know inside and out...< i've owned 2 of them > ....soo..keep in mind..before they want more for it..if you have to order any parts for it..you will spend alot of time on e-bay trying to get parts for it...good luck on your price.
I would say that is about right.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I sold an 86 fourtrax, which is the same machine, for $1500. It was in fairly decent condition, smoked a very little but wasn't noticable unless you were paying attention to it. I had the electric start repaired before I sold it and I had repaired/replaced all the brakes and it had new tires.

I tried for a long time to sell it for more because I had put a lot of money into it, but around $1500 was the sweet spot for the top offers I ever got for it, so I finally took it.

Here's what it looked like.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Agreed^^^ the quad is 23 years old, starter not working and who knows what else so its not going to be worth much,not trying to step on toes or hurt feelings if you get 500 out of it you will be doing good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the bike in question is one in an ad (here is the link) Uncle Henry's I was thinking about makeing an offer but wanted to get some opinions first. thank you for the info

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
the bike in question is one in an ad (here is the link) Uncle Henry's I was thinking about makeing an offer but wanted to get some opinions first. thank you for the info
if the other side looks like the side in the pic..and he knocks off about 200 bucks < thats what it will cost you to replace the starter for a rebuilt one >..and there isn't any motor work that needs to be done..front and rear differental is in great shape..and everything else works..and dont need replacing..i wouldnt pay more than $ 1000.00 for it period....ONLY BECAUSE IF YOU NEED CERTAIN PARTS FOR IT....and they are hard to find !!..that's all i would offer for it..only because it's a super rare tough bike.and they can take anything you can dish at them..i got to take mine out last friday..she climbed over rocks i'd never attempt on anything smaller than her..lol..i'm very happy i got mine restored...and yes..it took alot of time searching and bidding on e-bay....they are getting really hard to locate the parts you will need..thats the problem i had..soo..like i said..1000.00..firm offer to that person. good luck.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
It may not be the starter. When I bought mine, the starter would turn but it wouldn't engage. When I started digging, I found that the whole starter reduction gear set had been taken out.

I found a new set on ebay, but when I got it one of the teeth was missing on one gear. I finally found a whole set of gears, installed them, and then found that some of the starter clutch parts would slip. It would start once every 3 or 4 tries, and the other times it would make a sound like someone had poured loose bolts down the engine.

Long story short, if it's the starter then you'll be lucky. If it's not, it might get expensive and the starter gear sets are not available from the dealer. Some of the clutch parts for the starter were also not available.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Those original Foremans along with the late 1980s TRX350D (basically the same thing without the Foreman name) hold their value pretty well, and people seem to go crazy over them when they pop up on eBay in good shape. They usually end up going for about the same as a Rancher that is 15 years newer.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
for what i put into mine..it's priceless too me !..wayyy too many hours and way to much cash to get parts..other than that..i wouldnt take a newer model for nothing !.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A friend of mine once referred to what I'm about to say as the "Honda tax". It holds true with their cars and their bikes and atv. The idea is that once they get a certain age, they no longer lose value. They just hit a point and stop as long as it will run. Between my wife and I, we have owned 9 Honda cars and Im on my 2nd atv. I looked through craigslist for a Honda atv for 2 months in a 250mile radius of my house. As long as it runs, the plastics are intact and it doesnt smoke like a 2-stroke, you can get $1k for it. Once other thing, look and see what your competition is charging. Check the papers and internet in your area because what is the "norm" in my neck of the woods, wont necessarily be what you can expect - as the saying goes "Your mileage may vary." YMMV

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Prices definitely vary from place to place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agreed^^^ the quad is 23 years old, starter not working and who knows what else so its not going to be worth much,not trying to step on toes or hurt feelings if you get 500 out of it you will be doing good.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Another spammer^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!

They just copied a post that someone else had previously posted on the first page of this thread and then posted their link to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ah! I clicked the link!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
finally, someone from Maine, i knew when i saw Uncle Henrys, some one was from maine!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts