Honda ATV Forum banner

Favourite hobbie than atving

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Swimming. I love swimming. Pools are really a large part of your delight and they offer a cooling ambiance wherein you can refresh yourself and get rid of irksomeness. Its a great form of exercise and keeps your weight down.
Do you have to chop a hole in the ice before you swim?
We 'ice swim' here in the winter ...... very refreshing after playing 'ice hockey' .... :icon_ rasta:

·
Registered
832 Posts
What about farming? Love it!

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
hobbies, well I many times think I have or had too many
started off with MX bikes, which lead me to snowmobiles to extend my season to ride, raced both
then at same time was into building ff road trucks, then some smaller rock crawling, and modified a lot of trucks
got stuck way too many times
then got into mud bog racing , from weekend deals to getting into it on a bigger
which led to building some super HP mud machines, which then turned into monster trucks
even made the cover of a few magazines many yrs back
all the while I was also into shooting sports, got real big into 1,000 yard shooting, custom guns and then that got me into hand gun matches, then shotgun sports, skeet, sporting clays, and then sub gun, as I got into class 3 weapons, was even a dealer for many yrs
which also lead me to training in shooting sports of all sorts of weapons, from handgun/rifle's sub gun's, shotguns, and even archery gear!
think for yrs I enjoyed training more than shooting, or just got burnt out on shooting gun, was maybe shooting a few thousand rounds a week for yrs, millions of rounds over the yrs and then some I bet!(wish I had the ammo now I shot, with today's prices, Man I'd be sitting pretty LOl)

I also was BIG time hunter, traveling all over the USA , Alaska included and Canada,
hunting as many states a yr as the budget allowed most yrs 3 to 5 states
I also was into farming and have done part time farming for the past 22 yrs, which I still enjoy
I played with RC cars and trucks too for a little while and then I have ben playing with street bikes for 30 yrs or so, had a need for speed, and played with a lot of sport bikes, and hopped them up,
Had a love for upland game hunting which lead me into hunting dogs, have a ton of experience training and hunting with them, with Lab's being the dog of my choice
also hunted upland game all over the USA, fav spots being the Dakota's
I have had too many hobbies, and have more stuff than I know what to do with now, due to them, amazing how things pile up as time goes by!

I'm sure I left some things out here, too many things I'd had interest in , and I followed up on pretty deep most things too!
if My budget was better I would still be doing a lot more now too! as I am sure we all would

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
I used to enjoy hunting and fishing. But times have changed. I cant afford all 3 hobbies. So mud and water riding is my entertainment. But I swear cleaning a deer or a big mess of fish used to be easier than cleaning 200lbs of mud off a quad!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Anything outdoors - hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, skiing, whitewater and flatwater kayaking.

I live in a log cabin, so home maintenance is a daily job. Landscaping and gardening go along with this.

Mushroom and wild edible plant foraging.

Last but not least, playing with my 5 dogs.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sheesh, after reading through this thread I suggest a few new topics:

Looking to get a life
Arguing over stupid crap that is totally meaningless
Trying to grow out of adolescence without being beaten up on a daily basis

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
restoring and rebuilding trikes....

·
Registered
261 Posts
When it's nice out I spend most of my time on this

This gets out once in a while

Used to ride this a lot.Been gone for a couple of years.

Th wheelers get used for a couple of trips a year and if the weather is too bad for biking.

·
Registered
113 Posts
automotive electronics, automotive lighting, electronics in general

·
Registered
267 Posts
I love to tinker with anything with an engine. Whether it's my car, my project truck (65 Dodge D100 stepside on modern Dodge Dakota frame), any of my grandpa's old cars or trucks that need some TLC, lawnmowers, atvs, etc...

I also enjoy biking (bicycle) when i'm away at school. Unfortunately I can't take all my projects with me!

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Rebuilding old Honda minibikes from the 70's. This minibike thing is a sickness . . . they follow me home. People bring them to me. Once people know you are into old minibikes, they look at you differently . . . . LOL. My wife and daughter think I'm nuts but my ten yr old grandson is now catchin' the sickness, too.

People usually smile when I'm in the parking lot buying milk or bread and they very often will start up a conversation about what they had as a kid. Anybody out there got a 1971 Candy Sapphire Blue Z50A hardtail they want to get rid of cheap? How about a red or yellow ST90 so that I can collect the whole set of colors?

Uh . . . um . . . I need help . . . .

Rick

·
Registered
563 Posts
My hobbies include School and anything to do with cars. just got my ase. Going to school for biology and pre med starting in august. And of course working on cars and restoring classic cars. Preferably American Muscle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This when the weather allows

Been working on this as my cash flow allows.

I dabble with car audio. Not as much as i used to. Fish when i can. Started playing the drums in 5th grade and held on to it ever since (yes i was a band geek lol). Still play video games (pc and ps4). Hanging out with and playing with my dog. Being outside. Goin to the drag strip when i can. I do all kinds of stuff, and im only 23 lol.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This when the weather allows

Been working on this as my cash flow allows.

I dabble with car audio. Not as much as i used to. Fish when i can. Started playing the drums in 5th grade and held on to it ever since (yes i was a band geek lol). Still play video games (pc and ps4). Hanging out with and playing with my dog. Being outside. Goin to the drag strip when i can. I do all kinds of stuff, and im only 23 lol.
I like the old chevy on the boggers. Is that a k5 or short bed truck?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Love hunting and fishing . Spending time with my 2yr old son , definite life changer as he's growing, learning, changing fast!! Not much time for much else depending on time of year. Hate workin lol

41 - 60 of 199 Posts