Honda ATV Forum banner

Favourite hobbie than atving

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well Honda1997. Where in my post did I tell people what they had to call hockey, I was just commenting on the fact that most americans call it ice hockey and not hockey, where here in Canada, where by the way hockey was invented and where I play it and have my whole life. My comment was more to do with the NHL's potential lockout that in part is caused by fledgling southern American teams that have syphoned money from the other teams to stay alive, and the majority of people that live in those locals have no interest in hockey whatsoever, easily determined by the amount of fans that don't show up to games. So bro!, seeing as your from texas, home of the Dallas Stars that are one of the aformentioned teams, you should realize that nowhere in my post do I "hate on" people, yet in your brilliant post you tell me to "shut-up" twice,"grow a sac", "and stop talking shit". If you have the comprehension level high enough, re-read what I said and realize there was no hate involved. If you are refering to my post to Habs fan, then you must not know enough about "ice hockey" to realize that the Bruins and the Canadians are one of the most storied rivalries in the game, and slamming each others teams is what hockey fans do. When and if you realize your mistake, I will happily read your apology, bro, but something tells me you don't have the "sac" to give me one.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well Honda1997. Where in my post did I tell people what they had to call hockey, I was just commenting on the fact that most americans call it ice hockey and not hockey
Well hate to burst your bubble, but from around here in America, most people do in fact just say hockey.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My bubble is not burst, two americans on the first page called it ice hockey, the majority of reporters on american sportscasts call it ice hockey, the majority of american fans i have heard interviewed call it ice hockey, and that has always been the stereotype of americans on this side of the border. So how does one guy from one state, that has no hockey being played at the NHL level, determine that my bubble burst simply because from your neck of the woods people call it ice hockey. I will state again, my post was in gest, just like if us canadians on here started discussing ``field baseball``, i am sure you would be on here wondering why I had to add the field part. Me thinks you guys are being overly sensistive, and you should consider the fact that. Again, if you read my post, and have a grade 3 reading level you should be able to decipher that I was in no way being insulting, just making a personal observation, and yet here is another ignoramous telling me that I am out of line, grow up, and learn to understand sentence structure! Still waiting for that apology Honda1997!

·
Registered
800 Posts
When the american fans and sports reporters call it "ice hockey" they are most likely talking about the NHL or some other group playing hockey on the ice. Same with the two guys on the first page. They probably play hockey on the ice. Hockey can be played other places than on the ice. There is also street hockey played here in America, so I'm sure these guys are just trying to state which version of the game they play ("street Hockey" or "ice Hockey").

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
well did anyone ever think of they call it ice hockey being that there are several other types of hocky like floor hockey, field hockey, and roller hockey so lets stop acting like a bunch of little girls and use our head shall we.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just realized that HABS Fan said "ice hockey" as well, but then I saw your avatar and decided that you must not know much about hockey, considering you cheer for Montreal,lol.
lol, I could say the same about you and the Bruins! They did a great job defending the cup this year :laugh: It must be killing you and all the Bruins fans to have a Subban on their team.

Living so close to Boston everyone gives me a hard time about being a Montreal fan so I'm used to it, especially walking around Boston with a Habs shirt/hat.

It doesn't seem like they will be starting the season in October though which really sucks. I really hope they work things out soon so they have at least 1/2 season. I'll really miss it this year if there is another full season lockout.

When the american fans and sports reporters call it "ice hockey" they are most likely talking about the NHL or some other group playing hockey on the ice. Same with the two guys on the first page. They probably play hockey on the ice. Hockey can be played other places than on the ice. There is also street hockey played here in America, so I'm sure these guys are just trying to state which version of the game they play ("street Hockey" or "ice Hockey").
You are correct. Usually when I mention that I play, I always add "Ice" in front of it to distinguish between the popular Roller (or street/floor) hockey around here when mentioning it to someone for the first time.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I love it when americans call hockey " ice hockey". Gary Bettman should read this post and realize that his push into american markets is futile if after all these years when americans hear hockey, the version played on ice wouldn't be the first that comes to mind.
bro why dont u shut up and quit hating on others and dont tell ppl what to call a sport by unless ur the top player in that league in which ud deserve to say what the f its called but i doubt u even play hockey so just keep ur mouth shut, and grow a sack and quit talking shit online.:r_c:
Says the Kid from Texas.

Everybody just relax, he was pointing out the fact that here in Canada we play hockey on Ice and that it seems funny to us up here when people call hockey Ice hockey because we basically only play ice hockey.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Who cares what it is called. Americans say soccer and the spainish say futbol but nobody argues over that. It doesn't really matter, they are one and the same.

·
Registered
347 Posts
YOU KNOW WHAT?! HOCKEY SUCKS!!! now you guys can hold hands and go after me! lol!!
I agree haha :icon_ laughup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
i forgot to click Other as well, but i also enjoy taking the mud truck out to play, im also big into CB radios.

·
Registered
378 Posts
lol syko said it all (hockey blows) and no i dont ride horses i tried it once and it didnt go well anyways im from florida so i have some city boy in me still and lol i dont need the balls to appolagize as ur a idiot and i have never heard someone call hockey (ice hockey) but hey u probably know more about whats going on in america then i do right? lol and i was just correcting u and i dont care at all for hockey, nor ice hockey lol and i play basketball only so!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
i just rebuild stuff..mostly atv's and motor cycles..yeah yeah..the thread said besides these !..buttttttt..it's all i do..and it makes my day..not to mention..it brings food to the table..lol.

·
Registered
585 Posts
my biggest hobby, is DRIVING!!! i love to drive my subaru, mod it, fix it etc... i hope to one day get into a form of racing like rally racing.

also like a lot of out door stuff. fishing, hunting (coming up :) , mtn biking, and any thing with speed

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Working on my restored 1944 willys mb jeep :)

·
Registered
261 Posts

Biking mostly
Used to to be huge into sleddin,but not so much now as the winters are crap.
Do a bit of boating also.The last picture is the latest project.Going to hang a 150 Merc on the back of it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I just realized that HABS Fan said "ice hockey" as well, but then I saw your avatar and decided that you must not know much about hockey, considering you cheer for Montreal,lol.
Noticed that also .....
Being from Calgary originally, that would probably make you the 'arch enemy' ..?
Did I mention that the northern Alberta women have 'thick ankle syndrome' ..? :icon_ rasta:

21 - 40 of 199 Posts
About this Discussion
198 Replies
93 Participants
OLEJOE's300
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing