Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1510 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
So did you guys have fun doing the Newald ride lol..
Was good minus the water crossing lol!! Didnt want to get wet feet then would have ruined my day haha!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have installed HEAT DEMON heated grips on the wife's and my quad, and then installed an auxiliary 12v accessory plug for the unnecessary things.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well after searching the internet for days about the new Rubicon shift motor lube, i finally just pulled it off to check the 'grease'. There wasnt any, just some oil. Turns out the new ones are oil bathed so no need to white lithium them. Oh & THEN I asked a bud of mine who works at a dealer to ask a tech, yup...oil bathed. :mellow:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Today I hauled 500 lbs of corn with my Rancher, I couldn't even feel it while I was riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Today I installed my new to me starter. It works great so no more kick starting.
Thanks Manny for a great deal on the starter.

Also I replaced the rear diff vent line, the engine oild vent, and the transfer case vent.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Pulled some dead fall trees yesterday.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Early wake up at 0200, so decided to tinker in the garage today.

Replaced the rear handbrake cable
Rebuilt master cylinder
Replaced choke starter valve
Replaced grips
Added second water bottle holder :dry:

Finally some minor progress. Hope to actually flush the brake fluid tomorrow and be done with brake work.

Binski

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Drove 'em both today. Weather fairly warm here in Louisiana so my son and I got them both out to run a little fuel through and recharge both batteries.

Even two of my small two wheeled bikes got ran up to the store for milk - the 72 Candy Yellow Honda CL100 and the 73 Mighty Green ST90.

Rick

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mounted new tires, new rear brake shoes, cleaned the gas tank, dissassembled the carb for cleaning, changed rear diff fluid.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Front brake shoes, HighLifter lift kit that ended up raising the front 2.5". Havent done the rear yet. Also dissaseembled the starter to discover the brushes were worn.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I received my PRM oil cooler air shrouds. It looks like I'll be polishing them to a mirror finish over Christmas & should have them installed shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Added a new Dual 12" LED light bar to my 2015 Rubicon and new set of PowerMADD Sentinel Hand Guards to my son's 2015 420...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=npiyLNdx6ic

I got another video up from some riding.
Just been running the wheels off the bike. I did figure out if I pull out choke, and and lug the motor a little switch off the kill then back on i get a nice pop and it shot 5 in blue flame from the exhaust last night.
I'm going to set up a spark plug system instead of using the kill switch.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Just finished converting our 2004 Rancher from ES to footshift. Pesky ES problems are a thing of the past for about $50-75 in parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
The Rancher 350 ES that my buddy bought for $1,000 last week or so ago , I posted on Craig's List thread , very clean bike , he rode with us New Years Eve night , what a ride , he didn't make it far , got stuck in 3rd gear , wouldn't shift with the emergency shift , I pulled him home , it started once while pulling it but didn't keep running , I left him and he got it started again and went back and broke down the second time , I would not own an electric shift bike where I ride , they are not reliable when water is in the mix , he was talking about selling it -------what is needed to convert one ?

41 - 60 of 1510 Posts