Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1510 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
On Friday I got my Rancher so stuck my buddy's 2001 500 Rubicon with semi-mud tires in low range couldn't pull me out. We had to put a ratchet strap on it to get it out! I think I need a winch lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
.... Then I mounted a 10 inch led light bar from Napa to the handle bars...
Chasecoker, how did you wire up the light bar...just tie into the high beam and ground it or did you do something more sophisticated? How is the NAPA light bar working out? Pics?
I ran a set of wires from the battery to the handlebars, and used a toggle switch. I didn't mess with any of the stock wiring.
The light is a little dirty, it does shine OK. I will try to get some better pics tomorrow it was raining so.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I also mounted this on to the back rack. It has five LEDs in it. I tied it into the switch the front bar uses.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Drained the milkshake from the engine, and letting it drain overnight. Tomorrow flushing with the Royal Purple that came out my Ford Ranger on last oil change. Also need a few filters....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This monday it was like Christmas early.:partsin01: I got in my starter and my lift kit for the fourtrax
I got the lift put on but not the starter. Lol
The lift was easy to install once I did the first shock bracket. I rode the bike kind hard after install and I didn't see any issues. The lift is supposed to be 2 inches. I got about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4. I don't have the blocks perfectly straight so I think that is why.
The pic of the bike on dry land is without the lift the one in the water is with.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I also put a new cable on the winch. The old one was toast so I found some new 1/4 in cable instead of the 3/16 that was on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Checked the oil on the grizzly, got her ready to head up by larrrrrrrrrry

Fixed my brothers handlebar warmers so he doesnt yell hes cold lol.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
On Friday I got my Rancher so stuck my buddy's 2001 500 Rubicon with semi-mud tires in low range couldn't pull me out. We had to put a ratchet strap on it to get it out! I think I need a winch lol.
That isn't stuck the front wheels are not even dug in yet.. I wont even pull anyone out unless they actually are stuck, I am not in a habit of getting my strap or winch rope dirty unless you would of got on the front of that rack stand or sit backwards on it and drove it out. That's why them front wheels have a diff in the middle of them..:icon_ devil: Them front racks are not for putting stupid (#(t on them, like speakers and monster stickers they are for standing on and sitting on and operating the flipper during extreme off road situations.. There don't say you didn't get the memo...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Checked the oil on the grizzly, got her ready to head up by larrrrrrrrrry

Fixed my brothers handlebar warmers so he doesnt yell hes cold lol.
I don't think it will be to bad I will have the kidney stone breaker upper on the trail and the speeds wont be blistering by any means lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
That isn't stuck the front wheels are not even dug in yet.. I wont even pull anyone out unless they actually are stuck, I am not in a habit of getting my strap or winch rope dirty unless you would of got on the front of that rack stand or sit backwards on it and drove it out. That's why them front wheels have a diff in the middle of them..:icon_ devil: Them front racks are not for putting stupid (#(t on them, like speakers and monster stickers they are for standing on and sitting on and operating the flipper during extreme off road situations.. There don't say you didn't get the memo...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
That was stuck or should I say temporary set back.. I don't think I got on the front rack of the Polaris it might break its cheapo plastic.. Took me two hours to clean that red clay out of suspension and brake components lol..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Oh that wasn't when I was stuck lol. I didn't think to take a picture of when I was really stuck but that was before hand when I first got stuck .

·
Premium Member
10,717 Posts
Latest addition to my atv:
Gun/Tool racks.... graciously donated from member Binski! (will carry tools for me)
VHF 2-way radio
Heated seat....OOOOOOoooooooo

·
Registered
167 Posts
Heated seat?!?!? I demand you link this now!

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Woods ride with larry and my brother

2 hondas :p

Water crossing for him haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
LED, heated grips, cut-off switch

Yesterday was the day. Took the plastic off the Rubicon and did some nice clean wiring. Put on the Heat Demon heated grips & throttle. I tied that into the 12V accessory socket wire. Tied a 20" Cree LED lightbar into the hi-beam wire. And I put in a cut-off switch for the upper stock headlight. When there's gear piled up on the front rack I don't like the light bouncing back at me.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 1510 Posts