Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They aren't on the Honda sport quad lineup currently, were they discontinued a long time ago or something? I find it strange that people would want the 250x over the 300ex power wise, and they are about the same size. I can't find any info on it online, so what's the deal? Where did the tried and true 300ex go?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
The 250X now is the entry level sportquad next to the 90 that is. The 300 ex was built to replace the early model 250X . I guess they phased them out? probably the same thing will happen to the 400 ex too?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 250X now is the entry level sportquad next to the 90 that is. The 300 ex was built to replace the early model 250X . I guess they phased them out? probably the same thing will happen to the 400 ex too?
400ex is still around, they are just called 400x now. Still have the same motor and everything.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh wait, read that wrong lol, I hope not. Unless Honda does a major redesign on the 400ex, I think it is here to stay for a good while yet. I'd want a newer one, but I hate those ugly plastics on the 05 and up models.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
i beg to differ the bug eyes is wat made the 400ex special cause nothing looked like it or rode like it when it was launched and now the plastic looks like all the rest with the headlight underneath and sharp corners for fenders.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
400ex is still around, they are just called 400x now. Still have the same motor and everything.
I know they are still around. .(you mis read my comment) . Just saying with the way the economy is going Honda will probably Phase out the 400's they already stopped production of the 700xx who knows what Honda will do??

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i beg to differ the bug eyes is wat made the 400ex special cause nothing looked like it or rode like it when it was launched and now the plastic looks like all the rest with the headlight underneath and sharp corners for fenders.
Exactly, they look just like a 450r, you'd think they'd want to make them more distinguishable.
I know they are still around. .(you mis read my comment) . Just saying with the way the economy is going Honda will probably Phase out the 400's they already stopped production of the 700xx who knows what Honda will do??
Hopefully it sticks around for awhile. Either way, if not there were thousands of them made; will always be able to get one reasonably. I'd like to know the experience of owning a brand new one someday though, despite the plastics, I love the idea of reverse. Something that really sucks about the older ones.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the reason why the old ones don't have reverse is because they were honda's top sport quad from 99-04 before the 450r came out
Yep and were marketed as a bonefied race quad back then, now they are marketed as a trail quad. For a couple years, they were the only big 4 stroke race quad you could have weren't they?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts