Honda ATV Forum banner

681 - 687 of 687 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
We talked about transporting seafood up north before , I have a few friends that are in that business , they make a lot of money , but you are not going to get a good price when they get there , cause after all the taxes , registrations , licenses , regulations , fuel coat , insurances , truck maintenance to abide by , the prices is going up on the other end , so it is just a different middle man with his hand out , the States ----- I travel the highways a lot , I see Wildlife Agents with trucks marked Fish pulled over all the time , they are climbing around in the back on the shoulder of the road , everything has to be properly tagged and up to par or they confiscate the load , a big load and they auction it off , small load they give to Charity , which happens to be the name of an agents wife , LOL

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
that kinda sucks. the gov, has to get their fair share. no wonder food prices are so high, and most is imported anyway..
Fuzzy Okra!!
seen some in the kroger once, they were still trying to sell it. i aint had a freas peach in a long time from there.. the peaches only come 3 ways, green, frozen/rotten, or just rotten.. come to think of it, them melons are out of tune too.. what do vegetables really taste like?.. kids today, dont have a clue...

On the side;;
i made toast, with butter, and then some honey on top. had 4 slices, with my coffee.
got an old toaster, that came from me granma's house. the burners, on the inside are different than the ones on the outside. 1 side of the toast cooks faster. so when it pops up, ya put the butter on the side that cooks slower, then spin the toast around, drop it back in, and it evens out.
even better, i like the irish butter., it taste like the old days.. it melts fast too.
i aint seen nothing melt that fast, cept my heart once, my girlfriend, of 4 years, told me, not to spend a lot of money for Christmas this year. the writing was on the wall. i was waiting for the hammer to drop,,, after christmas, so told me she wanted to date other people.. An that was that..

·
Premium Member
12,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
I hear you on the toaster 'Ted , I had a girl friend one time that didn't have chit in her house , so when Christmas time came around I gave her a bunch of presents for her kitchen and house , one thing was a toaster which she didn't own , I took a lot of heat for that toaster , she went as far as calling me out among friends , saying " he gave me a F'in' toaster for Christmas " , she ate her bread white and " that was that "

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
the girlfriend that dropped me, i got her a $ 70 dollar coat that Christmas. got dumped a month later. as far as being practical, a girl i was dating, was complaining about being cold, when she had to wait for the buss. i got her long underwear. the best at the time ya could get for hunting.. what a dumb ideal that was.. i think she would have liked the skimpy kind. dont do no good in my old age for 20/20 hindsight.. :smile

·
Premium Member
12,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
You know 'Ted , you made me think of that old girl friend I gave the toaster to , as she related to food , I really shouldn't be talking bad about her , she just passed away at 59 about 6 months ago from breast cancer , but as much as I love good food , she was the total opposite , she only ate like 5 things , and I ain't kidding , salads , hamburgers , pizza , french fries and burritos , she had some stupid saying , "she didn't eat anything with a face" , I'd say a cow has a face and where do you think that ground meat came from , she would get mad at that , bless her heart , I hope they got burgers and pizza in heaven

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
she only ate like 5 things , and I ain't kidding , salads , hamburgers , pizza , french fries and burritos
Wow! Now That's some kind of bad diet......

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
there are those that are happy with only 5 things. i think they have sinus problems, that interfere with taste.. the tongue, only has, salt sweet sour an bitter, so it is said.. the rest are in the nose, adenoids, tonsel's. its much more involved, even it those few things. texture counts, as well as sight..
they put green dye in some mashed taters once, probably St. Pats day. even though it was only dye, and i knew it, i wouldnt eat them.. i wont eat, red, blue, or purple, neither. some potatoes are yellow inside, they dont count. i like butter, with my tators. an that is that. i eat green vegetables, on the raw side, to compensate.

681 - 687 of 687 Posts
About this Discussion
686 Replies
33 Participants
LedFTed
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing