Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Kabobs this evening , gf is fixing brown rice side, should be some good eats for the race!
What kind of racing went along with those kabobs???
Daytona baby!!!! I'm a NASCAR nut :grin although i still haven't seen the full race yet! Tonight for sure!
I have been to a number of them live, especially when living in Indiana and really enjoy them today with stages, i.e., race within a race, nice touch IMO by NASCAR.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
there was a NASCAR car , I caught some of it , couldn't tell you who won
Fixed hot wings this evening, i didn't take any pics, but i baisted 3 with 57 sauce and 3 with sweet baby rays and some grill mate maple season, later I'll fix baked beans with a bit of yellow mustard and chopped sweet onions maybe some creamed taters with garlic and black pepper

It was blistering hot today, so I'm off on the side with a cold one
I am in Iceland today and could use some hot food, https://www.google.com/maps/place/Reykjav%C3%ADk,+Iceland/@64.1322134,-21.9925226,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x48d674b9eedcedc3:0xec912ca230d26071!8m2!3d64.1265206!4d-21.8174393

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
What kind of racing went along with those kabobs???
Daytona baby!!!! I'm a NASCAR nut :grin although i still haven't seen the full race yet! Tonight for sure!
I have been to a number of them live, especially when living in Indiana and really enjoy them today with stages, i.e., race within a race, nice touch IMO by NASCAR.

@fishfiles, ...... I fell asleep, and woke up to see i missed the race but saw the ending (spoiler alert)

In stage racing IMO was indeed a great idea, plus the points. (Twist) i say let um run (no restrictor plates) every race, and NASCAR needs to get out of the way! it use to be like we are (at your own risk)

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I ate a lot of stuff , crispy fried fish , bbq chicken , charbroiled oysters , potato salad , bbq beans , cole slaw , even stole a hot dog and chili from the kids ------------ the wife and I rode on the early ride , but after a shower we called it quits and didn't want to ride the evening ride

Bush Grillin' beans makes good baked beans , I do like yellow mustard and honey in mine , with bacon and onion rings on top

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
@fishfiles , went back to get more grub for Sunday , have a question, when you grill shrimp and frog legs , how do you go about it ? I ask cause I've never chanced grilling those because of the price ....... My store manager is going to order some farm raised frog legs , so ..... I figure on giving it a shot...

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Jay , I don't ever remember eating grilled frog legs , fried frogs legs I like fried -----grilling shrimp with good butter , garlic , seasonings and a very little bit of lemon juice is making me hungry

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Well, i went for more today, and.......... lol forgot the frog legs, shrimp n catfish ..... On A def note, @Larryw that swamp juice, worked great! N thanks for the idea.

Thread needed bumping.

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Kabobs , the roasted herbs and garlic container is just a container that all the spices are mixed up in -------- so Larry told you about Swamp Juice !

Attachments

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Hey Larry , we have so many mosquito/gnat sprays right now that it is hard to make a choice , one of my favorites is Swamp Juice , all natural no chemicals , I think it is cactus syrup , it works but expensive ---- the bugs have not been too bad this year , the parish I live in sprays a lot by plane and truck
I'm busted! My bad! Thanks @fishfiles for the swamp juice idea

Them kabobs are Looking good fish! And i managed to get me some of that roasted herb and garlic, just 9 am here and it's already 90 degrees out, looks like grilling might be off the menu for today (we'll see)

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Here is a pic of the start of some charbroiled oysters , used stuff crab shells instead of oyster shells to cook them in , much cleaner cooking and you don't lose all the juice and cheese ------ they were loaded up with shredded and grated cheeses , crab meat , lemon juice , Lea and Perrins , butter , seasonings , etc , yum

Attachments

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Looks super good fish! I'll add oysters to go along with the rest, should be some good eating, i added a a new piece of cutlery fish scaler and jagged saw, sharp little blade ,and sealed but handle with strike anywhere matches, should be perfect for camping! i read you watch that forged in fire show, figured you'd like this one (only ten bucks)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Fixens for later today, maybe cooking this chili over hickory bruqets

Attachments

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Thanks! , Never heard that one before haha! Good one! Had too much to do today to cook this over coals, so...... Slow cooker it was, bet this would be off the hook good with @Macarena Mans ultimate hotdog ! I did OP for just pintos, but it's even taster with half pintos and black beans , and a few leaves of cilantro and a few green onions, makes a gallon of tasty chilli, here's the finished meal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I love chili , when I broke my jaw and orbital on a Honda three wheeler back in 82 , I had my jaws wired shut for 19 weeks , and lived on chili blended in a Vita-mix machine and then strained and sucked thru a straw , also chocolate malts , actually gained weight

we had three different kinds of ribs , the ones that were the best were cooked by my friends wife , she said the boneless country style ribs were cooked in a pot , in the oven for 2 hours and then we put them on the grill on top aluminum foil for about 10 minutes just to warm them up , hers were off the hook , so tender with a nice glaze all over them , baked macaroni was the side dish

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Fish your one tuff fellow, glad you came out of the ordeal all good, if i might ask ? What kind of crash ?

Today it's blistering hot out, so this was stay cool Saturday, had stuffed bell peppers on my mind, so,done deal :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
stuff bell peepers with shrimp , yummmm!

ATC250ES going up a levee , got to the top and the bike flipped over back wards , I rolled down the hill and was ok , and in the corner of my eye I seen the bike tumbling down the hill and landed on top of me , handle bar hit me in the jaw , 140 stitches , 7 broken bones , 3 operations

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
shrimp dip , boiled 5 lbs of shrimp in Zataranag's , peeled them and torn them to pieces , cut up garlic , onions and celery , a dash of lemon juice and Hellemn's Olive Oil Mayo , on Keebler Crackers , a big hit at parties

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man you guys really know how to do it!! across the atlantic over here, a packet of crisps and a beer is considered a luxury on our rideing parties.... maybe a cheeky wee half bottle of vodka thrown in, if were feeling adventurous.... :angel :grin

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I used to be a Gray Goose - Guy , now days it's Crown Green Apple shoots in the freezer with a Coors Lite chaser --------------- it's shrimp season right now , those were $3 a pound ( not too bad ) , big ones are $4.50 , cheaper than a pound of ribeye ---------- good food is a way of life down here

41 - 60 of 691 Posts