Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 690 Posts

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Thanks! There's just me, so I'll freeze couple and i had planned on grilled corn on the cob ( in husk) and a foil wrapped potato , but there's always that time issue ,and YEAH id like to see one of you fellows cook on a pit fire, and see your camp lay out!

Sweet baby rays? Absolutely! only brand ill use Period! makes a tasty bbq burger.

I haven't mastered making meat balls yet lol, but I'd much have meat ball type spaghetti, then the kind i make (Italian sausage sauce) i have a heavy iron pot i use on tha same grill, i cook the spaghetti sauce in (among other meals)

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the wife make the spaghetti sauce from scratch , I cheat , Emeril's garlic sauce , Rotel diced tomatoes and peppers , a can of tomatoes sauce , add in some minched onions , garlic and celery ----the meat balls I find cook better on a cookie sheet in the oven instead of browning them in a pot

we got the ATV cooking channel going on

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I cheat to..... Classico jar sauce ...... Grilling it outside plus the hickory taste makes it just a bit better and thanks! I'll try that cookie sheet deal, I can't say that I've ever seen that brand sauce in my local store, but I'll sure look TM

What ingreedants do you mix in with the meat balls to make it hold together

Yup! Outdoor Cooking from hondaatvforums

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
a couple of raw eggs , some Lee&Perrin's , minced garlic , little bit of bread crumbs (opitional)

Emeril's is Emeril Lagosse , you know that always goes BAM when he throws something in the pot , I have ate at his restaurant a few times and really don't like a lot of things he cooks , too much exotic crap like rosemary , basil , ginger

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
100% deet works on just about everything. You glow in the dark from using it but nothing will crawl on you.. It coats your skin like oil lol... Its basically what they use in the military....

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey Larry , we have so many mosquito/gnat sprays right now that it is hard to make a choice , one of my favorites is Swamp Juice , all natural no chemicals , I think it is cactus syrup , it works but expensive ---- the bugs have not been too bad this year , the parish I live in sprays a lot by plane and truck , probably killing us with the over spray

My buddy's friend has a company that installs bug prevention systems on your house and or property , it is a chemical called par-re-thra , from what I have been told it is a plant that only grows in south Africa and Austrailia , it is ok for humans and animals , goes in a spray system install with 1/4 tubing around where ever you want protection , he gave ne some and I spray it with a bug sprayer around the patios , and boy does ever work ,they are no spiders , flies , bees , mosquitos and gnats around , once a week is all I need , they field spray areas like parks for weddings and parties --------I been to a friend's camp in Venice , LA who has the system which sprays a mist on a timer or by remote control switch when ever you want to blast them , Venice is as far as you can go by truck down the Mississippi and the bugs are bad down there at times , we were at his camp and not a bug , walked over to the guy next store camp to see his catch and got ate up like no tomorrow , went back to his camp and not a bug

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm going just a bit off the trail here, but i just got some of that swamp juice, hopefully the chiggers and skeeters will be a thing of the past, soon as the juice gets here.

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think chiggers are the same thing we call red bugs , thank goodness I don't have a chigger problem by me , I have been eaten alive by them in northern Louisiana while hunting , last weekend I did get a tick on my arm , lucky he didn't have time to bite in

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I think your right, seems like I've heard them called that here, on a defferent topic, I'm doing kobob Sunday for NASCAR , got all my fixens today. Didn't see that grill mate herb and garlic, bt i did find two more id never seen before smokehouse maple and montreal chicken the store manager was walking t his pickup off early (i guess) so i didn't get to speek with him, but my butcher wants to try the herd and garlic , so, I'm thinking I'll have some soon, i looked high and low for that sauce you mentioned (they done have it) I'm guessing its a higher end sauce. I'll try krogers next time...i plan on trying the meat ball deal Monday

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think we call chiggers, Saber tooth crotch crickets lol.. We do not have to many around here but you do see a few but I have never seen any on the woods rides.. Lots of, no see ums in the evening, horse flies, mosquitoes, deer flies.. And they are fast, me and my friend clocked them along side the bike at 27 mph NO JOKE they are fast.

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I could eat kabobs every day , I did some two weekends ago with shrimp , purple onions , red bell peppers , mushrooms and tomatoes , land of lakes butter and my favorite Chahoula sauce , it looks the color of Tabasco hot sauce , but not as hot and doesn't taste like vinegar , great on Mexican food ----chunks of ribeye makes the best kabobs

no see'em is what we call gnats , and I have seen the swams of flies follow us on the bikes and keep up

check out this pic of an animal that walked thru my yard , the pic is very unclean , as I took a pic of the tv screen , it's 4-5ft long without the tail ,you can see the infra-red camera light up it's eyes and he is over 100ft from the camera , I tried to go see if I could pick up a track but the ground was too hard , looks to me like the cat that don't exist

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This weekend just took a turn for the good , the weather man was calling for 50% rain Sat. and Sun. , now he lowered it to 20% both days , we got hit hard last night with a storm passing thru dropped 3 inches of the wet stuff , and they are calling for 4 inches of rain today and a couple inches tomorrow , so the riding conditions should be great for the 4th of July early weekend blow out ----one thing on the menu is going to be charbroiled oysters , my buddy works in a machine shop and has a lot of down time on his hands lately , he surprised me as he built me a new oyster cracker out of stainless steel scraps , mine was aluminum and many years of cracking put it's toll on it , I think if you were to have one of these built by someone , the cost of materials and labor would make it at least $200 , so I told him in his honor I'll get the oysters and he has a reservation on one of my loaner bikes ------- going to do something for the first time with the oysters this weekend , instead of charbroiling them on the 1/2 shell , going to try using some aluminum stuff crab shell containers , they are disposable and should hold all juices and toppings , the 1/2 shell loses a lot of juices and makes a mess out the grill ------- there are so many ways to charbroil an oyster , spinach is Rockofella is a good one , you can put anything you want on them and they are good , this week my buddy is suppose to get a lb. of crab meat , plan is to top the oyster with good butter , special blend combo seasonings , crab meat and some Romano/Parmesan cheese , thin slices of French bread buttered and toasted on the grill to soak up the juices with , Yummmmm ! -----my other buddy his bringing his famous shrimp dip that is pretty awesome as we had it last weekend , Tres Bon-----

McCormick - Roasted garlic and Herbs , it is the best one

Attachments

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Kabobs this evening , gf is fixing brown rice side, should be some good eats for the race!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looking good Jay , love then purple onions ------ we had kabobs also , I didn't have to make them this time , we do it a little different , every 'bob has a mixture on it ---------- we had too many people over this time , I was being pulled here and there all day , got this got that --------- instead of shucking oysters I got them already shucked , and someone else was the chef , they were ok but not as good as they could have been ----------- I got no pics from Saturday , I charged the Go Pro mounted it on the bike and was having a hard time with it sync-ing up with the remote , so I just turn it on and let it go , then yesterday I plugged it in to the computer to see what I got and my new computer doesn't have something in it as I can't view it yet ------ I managed to flip my 300 over , nothing too bad ------- Can-Am got water in the fuel and took out the fuel pump ,so we got home back and he took it apart and went to the parts house and was able to get another fuel pump from a Mazda I think , got it running again and we went on a night ride , but he went down again , so 10:00pm is as far as we went , which was enough as Sunday I was spent all day , a Yamaha broke a ball joint and we had to carry that one out on the back rack of a another bike , one bike had a flat tire in the woods , another ones seat deteriorated and he left the
foam in the woods and rode on the plastic shell with staples sticking him in the butt till someone gave him a rain coat to sit on , glad it wasn't my rain coat as it had to have a thousand holes in it by the end of the day , so much going on , no more big parties , 10 bike max

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Thanks! Certainly sounds like y'all had some kind of a time for sure, no more big rides ? I can understand why, anyways...hope y'all had SOME fun other than the trouble that popped up. I bet there's a computer guy here in the forums that could help you with the pictures, i hope so, cause I'd like to see um

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Kabobs this evening , gf is fixing brown rice side, should be some good eats for the race!
What kind of racing went along with those kabobs???
Daytona baby!!!! I'm a NASCAR nut :grin although i still haven't seen the full race yet! Tonight for sure!

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
there was a NASCAR car , I caught some of it , couldn't tell you who won
Fixed hot wings this evening, i didn't take any pics, but i baisted 3 with 57 sauce and 3 with sweet baby rays and some grill mate maple season, later I'll fix baked beans with a bit of yellow mustard and chopped sweet onions maybe some creamed taters with garlic and black pepper

It was blistering hot today, so I'm off on the side with a cold one

21 - 40 of 690 Posts