Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a picture of where the gear reduction is suppose to be can anyone tell me what all i need and where to get the parts? Please i need kind of a detailed or at least a complete list of each part that i need for it so i can purchase them. Please and thank you for any kind of help.

·
Premium Member
12,522 Posts
Dave , at first I was thinking you are trying to put " gear reduction " into the atv , which gear reduction is a modification that changes the ratio ---- but after looking at your pic and the rust , I think someone took that engine a part a long time ago and you don't have the parts you need to put it back together ---- which is it ?

here is the parts break down for that 125 , start with clicking the clutch as the big reduction gear is made onto the clutch basket

check out www.atvhonda.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave , at first I was thinking you are trying to put " gear reduction " into the atv , which gear reduction is a modification that changes the ratio ---- but after looking at your pic and the rust , I think someone took that engine a part a long time ago and you don't have the parts you need to put it back together ---- which is it ?

here is the parts break down for that 125 , start with clicking the clutch as the big reduction gear is made onto the clutch basket

check out www.atvhonda.com
Thank you i will check that out right now, and yeah I'm not really sure of the background history of the quad. A friend of mine did some work helping a guy move and clean up the yard of his old house and in lure amongst some cash he gave him this quad for payment for the work. And this is how he had received it from him as he trailered it straight from there over to me to have me work on it and see if I can get it running for him because I do auto repair and I do some motorcycle and other Small Engine repairs but I haven't worked on very many of these Honda trx125 so this is why I was seeking for somebody with more experience's advice or knowledge of what I am missing there and what I need to get and if the parts are still available or this dinosaur of a bike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you i will check that out right now, and yeah I'm not really sure of the background history of the quad. A friend of mine did some work helping a guy move and clean up the yard of his old house and in lure amongst some cash he gave him this quad for payment for the work. And this is how he had received it from him as he trailered it straight from there over to me to have me work on it and see if I can get it running for him because I do auto repair and I do some motorcycle and other Small Engine repairs but I haven't worked on very many of these Honda trx125 so this is why I was seeking for somebody with more experience's advice or knowledge of what I am missing there and what I need to get and if the parts are still available or this dinosaur of a bike
And also no I'm not trying to put gear reduction into a bike I am trying to put an old bike back together that is missing that you reduction or also known as the sub-transmission part of the bike in which thank you for the link that you sent me although the length is set for a 1986 Honda ATC 125M which is okay because it let me on the right path anyhow but quad that I'm working on is a 1986 Honda TRX125 A - FOURTRAX but now does anyone now where i can get the parts that the website show's are unavailable? Like the cover for one, and a few other items

·
Premium Member
12,522 Posts
1986 TRX125M A there is no other --- good luck finding all the parts you are missing cause that is a rare bike now days and you are missing a lot of key parts --- I think I would sell that one off for parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's what I was kinda thinking right from the beginning. But I'm gonna do some more part searching anyway. Well I thank you for your time and consideration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can try powersportsnation.com to see if you can get a used parts.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts