Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Have a Honda four trax and it runs great when giving it gas or sitting still but if I keep a steady speed it cuts out or if I let off the gas it cuts out what could cause this? Thanks and it's like 96 or somewhere around there
Have you cleaned your carb??

·
Registered
22 Posts
96 Honda 300 4 Trax

I want to put a 350 Honda rearend ,in my Honda 300 4 Trax 4x4, can it be down without changing the front diff?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
i want to put a 350 honda rearend ,in my honda 300 4 trax 4x4, can it be down without changing the front diff?
.......yes........

·
Registered
2 Posts
i need help im new and dumb.

HOW DO I MAKE A NEW thread, post, whatever? just need to post a new question of my own...............so this is a post? wtf is going on

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 400ex.

its been running well, but recently ive let it sit. so when i went to try to start it; it didnt. so i proceeded to clean the following: the plug. the air filter. and the carburetor.
while cleanig the carb i removed every jet to ensure ther was no clogage. ***my concern is i didnt put the main jet back at the right depth?***
so after cleaning i put it all back together and it runs. it drives. i cant remember if i held a good idle. (it also didnt have the muffler on at the time.)
so then i hand it over to my friend. he puts an exhaust on it from a 450r . fine right? i dunno. well he calls me the next day saying it smokes and it doesnt hold an idle. its doing this weird thing where itll like, hicup almost. makes the carb shake and it messes with excelleration what can i do to fix my problem i may have cause.(did i mess it with the jetting? or does it need some valve adjustment?)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm new and can't figure out how to post my own thread. Please help!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I'm new and can't figure out how to post my own thread. Please help!!!!!
Click forums in the upper left...... now click the forum you want to post in. Look just above the first thread on the left you will see a new thread tab click that and get to typing

·
Registered
22 Posts
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i am kinda new and would like to ask for some help. i wanted to send a private message however when i tried to send it i get a error message saying that my settings will not allow for some one to replay who is not in my contact list. i want to change the settings so anyone can send me a private message however i dont know how.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Need rear Shock help ...

I have a 2010 ,420 and need a stronger rear shock... SRA ....... Highlifter doesn't make a shock and spring. Only offer a spring. For my bike.... I carry around 400 pounds at times ... Spray tank ..... I had a 350 with a Highlifter shock and spring and had a spacer added to the set up. It was just what I needed. A 350 shock is only 15" long ,,,,,,, Now I need my 420 to carry the load. The current shock is apx 17 1/2" form hole to hole. Any of u know of a shock - spring that would fit that dimension. I already have spacers.
Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a 2010 ,420 and need a stronger rear shock... SRA ....... Highlifter doesn't make a shock and spring. Only offer a spring. For my bike.... I carry around 400 pounds at times ... Spray tank ..... I had a 350 with a Highlifter shock and spring and had a spacer added to the set up. It was just what I needed. A 350 shock is only 15" long ,,,,,,, Now I need my 420 to carry the load. The current shock is apx 17 1/2" form hole to hole. Any of u know of a shock - spring that would fit that dimension. I already have spacers.
Thanks
Bighead,
You have posted your question in the wrong place, this is just a introduction thread. Click forums in the upper left...... now click the forum you want to post in. Look just above the first thread on the left you will see a new thread tab click that and get to typing you will find a lot of good help on this forum. Oh, Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
19 Posts
electic start is broke

My four wheeler only starts when you push start it. I have a fully charged battery in it but when I push the start button it does nothing. When i connect a screw driver to two things on the solenoid the engine tries to start but wont.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help. My 2013 muv 700. Won't start!!!

Hi guys. New to the forum. My 2013 Honda big red suddenly decided not to start after a full day of use. I turn the key and all I get is a click noise. Tried charging the battery. No help. Ruled out the shift interrupter. (it makes no noise in gear but a click noise in neutral.). Frankly. It sounds like a starter to me but I can't believe that it has a bad starter after only 120 hrs.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Need 2005 rancher manual

Hi everyone, I saw a post for download for service manual for 350 rancher and downloaded it through media fire by using(hondaatvforums.net) for password and was great info but I lost it. Not sure if that is incorrect password but any help is greatly appreciated. I need diagrams for carb hose routings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I how 2012 Foreman 500. It has one button to check Hr's and Trip and Mileage....How do you reset oil change light when you have no reset button ?

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
I how 2012 Foreman 500. It has one button to check Hr's and Trip and Mileage....How do you reset oil change light when you have no reset button ?
Hold the button when you turn the atv on for 5 or so seconds, should turn the light off. It should also say how to do it in the manual.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts