Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had quite a few Rancher Owners join the forum lately and we felt it was time to have a dedicated section for you. Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
So you've created their own little Corral?? You just hearded them right up and rode off into the sunset... Good job Dan Good job.:D

WELCOME to all ranchers

We have had quite a few Rancher Owners join the forum lately and we felt it was time to have a dedicated section for you. Welcome!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Good addition!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Soon to be new rider

I just visited Moab, UT last week and went on a 1/2 day guided ATV ride. The entire group used the same ATV, a 2009 Honda Rancher Fourtrax 4x4. The ride was about 75 miles and consisted of bare rock sections, fast sand washes, sandy two-track, creek beds, nasty rock gardens and a couple easy hills. Our group had riders that were riding for the first time but these quads were so easy to ride that everyone was really hauling down many of these sections.

I have ridden a quad before years ago but I ride dual sport bikes mostly. KLR650 and WR250R.

Now..... I am getting a QUAD.... Totally hooked. I had a hard time keeping up with the wife too. She is fearless... She wants a quad too.

So I have been searching for info on all brands and always hear that Honda's are really durable and tough. In fact the outfit we rented from only buys Honda's since they are indestructible.. ( their words) They buy 20 new ones every year as their rentals get a LOT of use.

What would you suggest? Buy a new one or used? I will probably get a utility quad, auto trans, 4x4 so I can haul gear and go camping with it.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Get the Rancher! You know you are comfortable on them, the wife is too and they are, like you said, extremely durable. You can't go wrong with a Honda, they also offer power steering.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Woohoo...our own section! Thanks Dan!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New here guys, but somewhat used to forums. I belong to the FTE Ford site. Enjoy the diesel section and have learned a lot. I bot a new 2009 Rancher, ES/auto 4wd, ps. I forget all the letters. Love it. After a couple months I sold a couple dirt bikes and bot my wife a RECON. Anyone over 60 can do it. I remember doing the dirt bikes with my kids a lifetime ago. I was early into the sport with an attex ATV 440 JLO. That thing would fly, but not near as safe as this RANCHER 420. HONDA is the best. Leaving for our place in PA this weekend. Probably the first of next year I will get a BIG RED.

Only thing missing with HONDA ATV's is their accessory support which is nill.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Yeah, I am really digging my new [used] quad. If all goes well, I will have another new one tomorrow for my wife to ride [shhhh, it's a secret.....or, it's a divorse, SURPRISE!]

But yeah. I loved riding dirt bikes when I was younger, but I was always too scared to really get into it, and quads take a lot of the fear factor out of it for me. You can putt along at granny speeds, yet still get into some rough stuff and have fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
UPDATE...

Bought a 2005 2WD Rancher for my wife. Great machine. Bought a 2003 Big Bear 4x4 for me ( got a good deal) Had them out riding twice. Great fun.

I just visited Moab, UT last week and went on a 1/2 day guided ATV ride. The entire group used the same ATV, a 2009 Honda Rancher Fourtrax 4x4. The ride was about 75 miles and consisted of bare rock sections, fast sand washes, sandy two-track, creek beds, nasty rock gardens and a couple easy hills. Our group had riders that were riding for the first time but these quads were so easy to ride that everyone was really hauling down many of these sections.

I have ridden a quad before years ago but I ride dual sport bikes mostly. KLR650 and WR250R.

Now..... I am getting a QUAD.... Totally hooked. I had a hard time keeping up with the wife too. She is fearless... She wants a quad too.

So I have been searching for info on all brands and always hear that Honda's are really durable and tough. In fact the outfit we rented from only buys Honda's since they are indestructible.. ( their words) They buy 20 new ones every year as their rentals get a LOT of use.

What would you suggest? Buy a new one or used? I will probably get a utility quad, auto trans, 4x4 so I can haul gear and go camping with it.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
YAMAHA... YOU'RE OUT OF HERE!!!

J/K Nice rides!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guys thank you for the forum. I have my own site/forum but enjoy dropping in here and talking Honda. Very good site and very good comments from the members, awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive got a 2005 fourtrax ( same thing as the rancher but different name ) Love it and i here you cant kill em
Love hondas ! sold my mint 84 big red to buy the fourtrax
Cant figure which one is better tho Both bullet proof bikes
If i knew how to load pics i would !

1 - 20 of 56 Posts