Honda ATV Forum banner

621 - 634 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just saw the news, praying for those in Florida, Georgia and especially those in Alabama. ...

Oh wait that was news from your president

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Dorian gray, sure does move slow, at 1 mph, of the coast of florida. the wind speeds, i at not sure what they are saying; but this morning it had a speed of 150, and a speed of 130.. i think 1 speed is the center, and the other is an outside speed. anyway it dropped to 140, and 115, relative. i havent checked the speed for 10 hours. it could be slowing down. i could walk 4 miles an hour. had to in cold weather, walking to school, though i thing on really cold windy days, it was 3 mph, with the wind at my back, and 5 mph with the wind in my face. :smile

Who was Dorian Gray really ? I googled the name today and siri says he was an author -artist , all I really knew before that was the Movie " League of Gentleman " and I am not sure what he was in that

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Dorian gray, sure does move slow, at 1 mph, of the coast of florida. the wind speeds, i at not sure what they are saying; but this morning it had a speed of 150, and a speed of 130.. i think 1 speed is the center, and the other is an outside speed. anyway it dropped to 140, and 115, relative. i havent checked the speed for 10 hours. it could be slowing down. i could walk 4 miles an hour. had to in cold weather, walking to school, though i thing on really cold windy days, it was 3 mph, with the wind at my back, and 5 mph with the wind in my face. :smile

Who was Dorian Gray really ? I googled the name today and siri says he was an author -artist , all I really knew before that was the Movie " League of Gentleman " and I am not sure what he was in that
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray..
far as i know, just a character in a book or movie..

·
Registered
701 Posts
Huricane just hit here, heavy rains and wind. The worst is south of me, not expecting too muuch here for damage.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
according to the weather people, it was getting stronger, as it made it to shore. going from a low 3 to a high 5.. when obama was president, he was still my president, and that is just how it is.
a new thread should be here for those that want to talk politics. i dont mind.. i probably made post in one form or fashion about o blame a.. right or wrong, the elected president, is still my president..
nuff said!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Huricane has been upgraded to a category 2 now, 230,000 without power in Nova Scotia alone, 8,700 here in NB, PEI has a bunch as well. This might get bad once it hits land.

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
according to the weather people, it was getting stronger, as it made it to shore. going from a low 3 to a high 5.. when obama was president, he was still my president, and that is just how it is.
a new thread should be here for those that want to talk politics. i dont mind.. i probably made post in one form or fashion about o blame a.. right or wrong, the elected president, is still my president..
nuff said!!

"Ted , have you been hitting the sauce "

·
Registered
701 Posts
Storm has passed, final numbers close to 500,000 homes without power in the 3 provinces. We have power here never lost it, but south of here they were hit hard.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
"Ted , have you been hitting the sauce "
[/QUOTE]
i had 2 major strokes, but to say i aint hitting the sauce. would be a lie...
to believe what weather forecasters say, just because they it, would be to believe what politicians say. i thought that storm was wearing down, till another forecaster said, when it gets to shore, the winds would pick up.. did i ever tell you i banged my head more that once? o_O thanks for your concern.. and perhaps i was hitting the sauce, and then some... with a tad of JB.. ever try out that Irish butter yet?
you already know i aint quite right. i been told so most my life.. now to break open that new bottle. JB vanilla, aint all that.. tell ya more later.. //Ed
hope i didnt think, and say any thing offensive.. .

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Huricane just hit here, heavy rains and wind. The worst is south of me, not expecting too muuch here for damage.
when you said something about the president, as, your president, i took it in a political way. i just had came off another forum, where debates get kinda hot and heavy though in the long run, it dont count so much.. on another page/forum, i am still good friends, so i think, with the other members, when we dont talk political.. politics, and religion, those are touchy subjects. my best friend of over 35 years is democrat. i am not. sometimes we talk a bit, but mostly, we just hang out, and help each other best we can.. i hope you didnt take this the wrong way when i responded.. nuff said,, either keep me, or throw me away..

·
Registered
701 Posts
I didn't like him before he got elected and now I think he's the biggest idiot in the world, I feel sorry for americans right now being represented by such a bad figure....

Just my opinion.....

·
Registered
701 Posts
The aftermath of the storm in Halifax and Saint John is incredible, 150 year old trees uprooted, entire strres with power poles snapped off and laying on the ground. Some are expected not to have power restored for a week or so. Over 700 from jthe military have arrived to clean up the trees, lot's of free firewood for next winter....

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
I didn't like him before he got elected and now I think he's the biggest idiot in the world, I feel sorry for americans right now being represented by such a bad figure....

Just my opinion.....
i didnt like him either, before he got elected. sometimes now i dont.. i think he is moving this country in a positive direction, despite his personality. i liked the Hillary worse.. so it goes., and to each their own.. :)
it was him or her, IMO, and i think he was better choice.. whether it will prove out.???

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
The aftermath of the storm in Halifax and Saint John is incredible, 150 year old trees uprooted, entire strres with power poles snapped off and laying on the ground. Some are expected not to have power restored for a week or so. Over 700 from jthe military have arrived to clean up the trees, lot's of free firewood for next winter....
i haven't see this yet, and i dont want to because it is true. best i know. i thought the storm would track east, and hoped it would, before it got to the Carolina's.. spit in one hand, wish in another, an see which one comes true..

621 - 634 of 634 Posts