Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK is anyone else getting crazy weather anymore or just me LOL

the past few yrs have just been so unusual, from 80 degree;s in dec to low 40's in august, and rain almost every day this summer

today its been in the low 40's here till about 11am when it finally broke into the 50's, about 52 right now and its raining again??

weather just sin;t what it used to be
summer were hot, winters cold and snow
and rain came every so often,

now??
no normal snow in winters, cold one day HOT the next, summer are not hot and sunny no more
and RAIN< wow, just rains all the time any more
and weird part is, not much above average on rainfalls,, as it just rains enough to keep things wet and muddy, but not adding much to the water table!

SO< is anyone else feeling the weather changes
I don't care if its called Global warming or what ever,m weather is NO longer what it used to be!

and SUCKS too IMO!~

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Very similar here in Engalnd mrbb, 28c yesterday and today, forecast torrential rain tomorrow and Thursday. We've always had unpredictable weather but the last month or so has been very odd indeed.

Edit: The above is unusual because 28c is hot for England!

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's been hot and very dry here in Manitoba all summer. Cattle pastures are dried right up, and we've had very little rain all summer. Was over 30c yesterday and it's already well in its way there again today.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was almost 90F here on Friday and today its 52 f was about 40 this morning when I go up
so, almost a 50 degree temp swing in 4 days
and cannot tell you how many times the past 2 ysr we have had 50% or more temp changes over night, and or 2-3 times a week

average temp here now should be about 70F
and at 40, thats a way's below average
had to put heat on for a second time this yr in August, SUMMER time and needing heat in the house?
its just wrong!!! LOL

·
Registered
546 Posts
Terrible here too!

mrbb,
Sucky weather here too! Long, long winter, very wet spring, we haven't had rain since July 2nd, just a sprinkle here and there no accumulation, and it has been high 80's and low 90's with no end in sight, at least for this week. We have forest fires everywhere, an smoke so bad sometimes visibility is less than a mile. Certainly not the weather of past years that's for sure. After this last winter I didn't think that I would be wishing for it to cool down anytime soon, but man am I sick of this heat and smoke!!! We've been sleeping with the windows open for 3 months and fans going every where in the house, NOT NORMAL!!! :eek: I just want to be able to see the mountains clearly and feel the cool evening breeze

·
Premium Member
12,330 Posts
you think maybe the unusual weather could be caused because the Sun is closer to the Earth right now than anytime during the 5,125 years it takes planet Earth to make one orbit around the Sun , I would bet it has a BIG effect on weather ----nobody ever talks about that , it's all about Global Warming from ATV engines polluting the atmosphere

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
you think maybe the unusual weather could be caused because the Sun is closer to the Earth right now than anytime during the 5,125 years it takes planet Earth to make one orbit around the Sun , I would bet it has a BIG effect on weather ----nobody ever talks about that , it's all about Global Warming from ATV engines polluting the atmosphere
:laugh: You hit the nail on the head there haha

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Next wave will be electric ATV's, LOL. Surely there are some out there roaming the earth utilizing that carbon indirectly via coal fire off plants to create the electric, LOL.

Do agree, the weather appears to be angry in various areas of the world, both kind and harsh.....

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I personally think its a lot of factors that are causing things to be different, from the population of humans being the highest ever, the loss of a lot of GREEN things(tree's grass and?)
all the pavement and loose of exposed GROUND, add in all the pollution and motors running
and then the planets being on the move
and a LOT of things are causing issue's
and I doubt ANY will be fixed enough to make a difference
as I ONLY see more and more people happening, less land, more buildings and parking lots, and more of everything needed and used up to take care of all the humans
and Planets, well, I don;t see us moving them either LOL

car's trucks, motors?
even if we get rid of say 25 %, once the population grows another 25%, the difference will be NONE, as that 25% loss will be made back up in percentages of things as a whole?

the world is on a downward spiral IMO
Glad I grew up when I did

and its NOW 40 degree's again
and I swear it feels like it wants to snow right now? and its AUGUST!
should be running my AC, not heat!

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Its cyclical like fishfiles says... history shows this.... its all natural. Except its always all yours/mine fault, according to our parasitic masters. LOL

·
Premium Member
12,330 Posts
This week has been great weather , 70's in the day and mid 50's at night ------------ suppose to get real cold this week , only 55 for a high Sunday , dam I hate winter !

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Been really fare here lately and then the change yesterday..... We're now under a flash flood warning, just a few days from Christmas ? (Strange weather ) n Expected 2 to 8 inches or rain, yesterday was fire wood catchup day , N like an idiot i thought the ground was hard enough, NOPE got hung in a creek crossing,(((wished i had some pics ))) n now that i have the Mount Everest pile of wood in the back yard, I'm reall hoping fr a good snow soon. Other wise i could do with out the cold.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Weather has definitely been odd this year... had some really cool days in July/Aug... and some really warm days this fall/winter... 55 today.. and supposed to have a white Christmas... Rode my motorcycle a couple of years ago on Christmas here in Indiana.... normally this would be unheard of

I don't know how much is normal cyclical weather... this has been going on as far back as they can look back... but you can't deny that we are paving over the world and cutting down all the trees in the name of progress. We could halt all pollution in the United States... and I still think it wouldn't really put much of dent into it w/ China & other areas having a bulk of the manufacturing these days... and with their population coming into the modern age and progressing to driving more and more cars...

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
magnetic shift

ever so often the magnetic poles shift. something to do with balance. as far as being closer to the sun, i thought the sun was getting brighter, because of 9/11, and less planes were flying, and producing less smog. i've noticed more earth tilt, or think i do. earth magnetic fields affect much, earth tilt, and definitely being closer to the sun affects weather.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
weather here has still been upo and down
from 60's to 03 degree, to snow to 60 to rain and mud, to 15 degree;s and then almost 50 and now calling for single digits again!
HAD snow, 6+ inches then melted with the near 60's a day later? then re froze

weather sucks anymore if you ask me , too many temp swings, has too many things all screwed up
don't see/hear geese flying south any more as they did all my life
tons NEVER go south any more
morning doves same deal there here all yr any more, so much for being a migratory bird?
I have more and more bears that DON"T seem to want to den up, due to too warm to get the hint winter is here
had 3 here every evening the past 6 days, sucking up bird seeds!, and its a female with cubs and all are as fat as can be, NO reason to be awake, but these darn warm temps screwing them up.
fruit tree's and like plants, keep getting screwed up , blooming WAY too soon due to too early warm weather and then gets cold and then either NO fruit or very little
screws with crop yields too

its just all messed up any more with temp swings!

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
weather timing

deers and turkeys are confused, as far as rut so to speak. aint near as many skunks crossing the road an getting smushed, an stinky. a small blessing, but, i miss the older days. except,,, one Halloween it was sleeting, an raining when i was a kid, even worst, derby day, Church Hill Downs, May 5th, it was sleeting, snowing, raining. i was in the infield, watching and betting the races. it got bad, i had to go inside a tent. it was loaded with kegs of beer, i was with no tap.:wink as far as crops go, aka.garden, even the plants dont know what to do, anymore..

1 - 20 of 634 Posts