Honda ATV Forum banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,188 Posts
AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP ABOUT WHAT I DONT LIKE ABOUT THIS SITE ?!...ITS PLAIN AN SIMPLE...….IT SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

·
Super Moderator
37,188 Posts
While the complete removal of ads is difficult, ads help support the cost of operating the community, we are always looking at ways to optimize the balance between advertising and content. We are working with our development teams to also introduce a new premium membership for purchase in the coming months that will allow members to view the site ad-free.

- Cricket
gonna go out on a limb here, and correct me if I am wrong ? ( would not be the first time ! ). you keep speaking of this prem membership with free ad's..right ?, wellllllllllllllllllll...let me fill you in on something you over looked ?!. what the heck do you think us members are getting for GIVING OUT FREE INFO FOR ALL THE MEMBERS THAT COME HERE TO SEEK ANSWERS ?..YOU THINK THATS FREE IN THE HONDA DEALERSHIP IF THEY TOOK THIER HONDA ATV IN ??...NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. maybe I should start charging VS for all my skills and info I give out on the site ?. yeah yeah, I already know what your going to say back to me ( my crystal ball is fixed now..lol ), '' well shadetree..your here on your own dime..sooooo '' YOUR RIGHT...I AM HERE ON MY OWN DIME !!!, trying to help poor members like myself from having to take their atv to the rip-off dealership !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. DID THAT SINK IN ???. or...did you miss the short yellow bus again ??????. members join this site to not only SAVE money ?, BUT TO LEARN !!!. it's sad what you have done to the forums..what once was the best damn site on the net ?..is garbage now !!!. let me ask you this, and i'll step off my soap box. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THE REG MODS/MEMBERS JUST STOP ALL TOGETHER ANSWERING POST THAT MEMBERS ASK ?..I'LL TELL YOU..CAN YOU HEAR THE GHOST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. NUFF SAID.

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Hello all,

I know the change can be frustrating but if you new detailed questions answered on how to use the new platform please let us know.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
1. I will explain in detail in the hope it's helpful to others as well as answer your question.

Look at any of my posts. You see my avatar. Beneath the avatar is my user name.
There is a round green icon overlaying my avatar that indicates I am online. In my Preferences I selected the option to show others that I am online, so this is no problem.

If you hoover your cursor over my User Name it reveals my current activity - the page I am viewing.
You are able to see your own user activity, it is not public.

I am not able to see what page you are viewing.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
We're just talking here ...... So.

Are y'all calculating guest (spectator) visits / page veiws ?? If it's none of my concern , that's okay, but ....... I've been an (old school). MSN admin group manager / script bot writer / chat manager (hammer) and I've seen the upper staff look plainly for msn group >>>member population <<<< misstake and not by >>>member activity <<<how it should be.

now I'm NOT trying to get anyone's blood up, just stating a fact from my own personal experience,

oh, and WE had the top rated MSN group several years running till msn pulled the plug. (We were a. VERY powerfull online Family) we had that here too.

NOW, I'll be get right to the point..., you can't go by page visits, you have to go by member activity (that has fallen WAY off) ! To hold a forum together as a family!

If I've missed something please explain.
Understood, however, we are also seeing an influx of new users that will contribute and help the site grow.

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
37,188 Posts
Understood, however, we are also seeing an influx of new users that will contribute and help the site grow.

Jeff M
oh really ?, welllllllllllllllllllll now...lets see how that works out for you and this messed up site once the word gets out...lmfaoooooooooooooo. and I noticed you did not comment on anything I posted ?..lol. ya'll are a bunch of basement dwellers , thats all you are.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts

Jeff M
Not without us it won't , consider my brakes locked on offering free public help, and no more public hondaline accessory help! , you. Really see an influx of new members, i don't see this, anyone else, and I'll add this WHY do y'all think they come HERE in the 1st place , it's not because of y'all, it's because of the great WE mem ears offer, which went right out the window.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Looked at stats seeing visits and pageviews actually increasing already since 9/6.

Jeff M
This is how you make a forum go the way of Highlifter.com.
Sorry but that is not an option.

Jeff M
Translation, we care what you think, as long as don't think we screwed up changing this format.....if you're upset about that you can pound sand.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts

Jeff M
You're going to see a lot of questions asked, but there won't be anyone here to answer them. Go look at some of the boards like Highlifter, RinconRiders and even Hondaforeman.com (where I started) and the lack of traffic there. When you don't have a lot of folks offering help, people will stop asking questions.

·
Super Moderator
37,188 Posts
You're going to see a lot of questions asked, but there won't be anyone here to answer them. Go look at some of the boards like Highlifter, RinconRiders and even Hondaforeman.com (where I started) and the lack of traffic there. When you don't have a lot of folks offering help, people will stop asking questions.
he's still on the short yellow bus !!!..lol.

·
Registered
613 Posts
You are able to see your own user activity, it is not public.

I am not able to see what page you are viewing.

Jeff M
Yes, I found out how this works after reviewing the Xenforo forum. It seems to be a source of confusion according to the number of posts on that forum. Thank you for your response.

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
oh really ?, welllllllllllllllllllll now...lets see how that works out for you and this messed up site once the word gets out...lmfaoooooooooooooo. and I noticed you did not comment on anything I posted ?..lol. ya'll are a bunch of basement dwellers , thats all you are.
I would be glad to respond to any specific questions. No need to resort to name-calling and personal insults as they will be ignored.

Jeff M

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Sounds good to me since WE won't be helping anywhere else.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Since it is a new forum , can we curse and talk politics now , which is really about the same thing ???

Well......I've actually always wanted a political thread, is it doable ??? I'm quite sure there WON'T be much trouble.

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A Small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Influx in new members however, no existing members with the knowledge to answers those questions..

Now, if we deleted all our informative posts, wouldn't you just be screwed!!

You shafted us regular members as well as the forum in the quest for more money. It's a real shame you choose to tell us lies too, whatever happened to 'honesty is the best policy'??!

161 - 180 of 192 Posts