Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get my warren winch and my hand warmers to work checked all my connections. everything seems good. in sure a low batteries can be at fault but if the bike is running then that shouldn't be it. any thoughts on what it could be?

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
ok welcome to the site
I am guessing you mean a WARN brand winch?
and hand warmers?

and NO if motor is running your charging system might NOT have enough power to run either, all the more so the winch, it draws a LOT of amp's to make it work
and since you didn;t list what ATV you have

most atv's have pretty low powered charging systems, as they were never really made to run SO many added on things , most guys add, your BATTERY is what supply's MOST of that power, so a BAD battery will cause this
also, could have a blow fuse to each item too?

, a broken wire, or bad connections, , hand warmers are prone to go bad in time too, they burn up, so to speak? and are more critical to abuse and failures from that, or age alone
I suggest getting a GOOD battery in play here and see what happens from there

·
Registered
43 Posts
personal experience. says too much load on current setup.

couple things I would do.
1. check all connections
2. upgrade wiring. personally I ran some bigger wire for the starter and winch. winch alone uses #6
3. check Battery if it is low or a dying cell that would hurt you as well
4. more of a question reason you need to run both? plowing? if so might look into a second battery. I know Warn made a secondary battery box setup. with that do your plowing, when done put it on a trickle charger for next use.
https://www.warn.com/atv/accessories/dual_battery_control.jsp

just a option...

welcome to the site

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If they don't work at all check the fuse of the circuit you tied into assuming they're on switched power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts